Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

GOOD LIPOS TO BUY???

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

GOOD LIPOS TO BUY???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM
u)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GOOD LIPOS TO BUY???

Hey guys,

Just wondering what some good lipo batteries would be for my Trex450SEv2? Im running the stock motor and stock esc still..... I want something good, nothing cheap. Price isnt too big of an issue.

Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:33 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: GOOD LIPOS TO BUY???

i think is not "high price is good, or cheap is bad" subjet here....if you look around in other heli forums, you will find that some of us use amazing batteries and the price is not expencive like others are. For example, go to www.hobby-city.com and search Rhino batteries, the 2250 mah 25C lipo packs...it will cost around 32 buck...cheap? yes, great battery?, its amazing pack!! better than $70 packs. Zippy, Kongs, Rhino are a few great lipo for your trex.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:55 PM
u)

OK i will check it out! thanks
Old 04-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Skarn

The latest batteries that everyone raves about are the Outrage. I have two for my 500 and so far they are great! I also have 4 Kongs for my 450 and I love them as well.

Skarn
Old 04-06-2009, 07:55 AM
dude7422

Old 04-06-2009, 08:02 AM
no hesitation

You dont want to get bargain lipos. Unless you like chemical fires that can randomly occur. I can personally vouch for the Outrage series from Helidirect. They are reliable high power packs at a competitive price.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 AM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been using the zippy aka rinbo batteries for 2 + years now on everything my 450s 3s1p 2200's , Hurricane 550 2x 3s1p 3300's , and Trex 600 6s1p 5000. and have not had any problems. I'm doing sport / scale flying no 3D.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:23 AM
noobflyer01

ORIGINAL: ThAt GuY120

Hey guys,

Just wondering what some good lipo batteries would be for my Trex450SEv2? Im running the stock motor and stock esc still..... I want something good, nothing cheap. Price isnt too big of an issue.

Thanks again.
if you want name brand,

1. ThunderPower
2. Outrage
3. KongPower
4. FlightPower

THese are the lipos that i have used with spectcular results. very very good. long lasting. Personal favorite is the ThunderPower 25C. lightweight, POWERFUL, nicely packed, small in size. Got over 200 cycles on my thunderpower before it started to lose punch.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:26 AM
u)

ORIGINAL: no hesitation

You dont want to get bargain lipos. Unless you like chemical fires that can randomly occur. I can personally vouch for the Outrage series from Helidirect. They are reliable high power packs at a competitive price.

Yeah I definey don't want to burb up my new trex! I don't usually buy cheap stuff any way, that hobby city place looked kinda fly by night so I didn't want to buy from but I'm gonna go with the outrage batteries
Old 04-06-2009, 10:37 AM
BoysToys

I would personally buy the Zippy packs from Hobby City before I purchase another battery from either Thunder Power or Flight Power. My last two Flight Power packs cost me $185 each and I got a grand total of 30 cycles out of each of them before they died. I was offered replacements for 50% off. However, that is about what the Outrage packs I bought to replace them cost in the first place. According to my CellPro 10S the Outrage packs have a much lower internal resistance. I have been getting my Outrage packs from RCSuperSales.net If you look around he has some 10% off coupons and you get free shipping on any orders over $100.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:40 AM
noobflyer01

30 cycles? ouch ![X(] there will always be a dud here and there cheap or expensive. But i would imagine a better quality control coming from a brand name vs generic.....generally
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 AM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

yeah i have seen people will expencive lipos burned...and rhino and zippys with more than 100 cycles. Anyway if you really want answers for people who really fly everysingle day, go to www.helifreak.com and you will se that almost 70% of them runs zippys. Some people regrest to spend 100-180 usd in lipos when they can buy 2 or 3 for that price. The point is to be smart investing the money and sometimes names brand are not the good ones. But of course its your money, we just want to tell our point of view. About hobby-city yeah...for new people seems to be a little scary, but they so popular company in RC with amazing costumer service.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:17 AM
ea01bg

Yeah I definey don't want to burb up my new trex! I don't usually buy cheap stuff any way, that hobby city place looked kinda fly by night so I didn't want to buy from but I'm gonna go with the outrage batteries
I've ordered a ton of stuff from them over the last 2-3 years(Heli's, motors, blades,batteries , and servos. I have never had a problem.although waiting for items to come in stock and ship has sometimes taken longer than I liked.

Bottem line its your cash to blow however u see fit but heres a sugestion. get 1 of the 2200 zippy packs and see how it stacks up. dispite what no hesitation said in his post its not going to burn up [X(]unless you abuse it. I'll wager it stacks up faily well.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:27 PM
no hesitation

I've ordered a ton of stuff from them over the last 2-3 years(Heli's, motors, blades,batteries , and servos. I have never had a problem.although waiting for items to come in stock and ship has sometimes taken longer than I liked.

Bottem line its your cash to blow however u see fit but heres a sugestion. get 1 of the 2200 zippy packs and see how it stacks up. dispite what no hesitation said in his post its not going to burn up [X(]unless you abuse it. I'll wager it stacks up faily well.

[/quote]
You have called me a liar, and are willing to gamble a fire in this mans house...All in one post! Your friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Skarn

I too have ordered from Hobbycity/HobbyKing and they are a great company!

The zippy's may be cheap, but I have 3 and so far they are going very strong and are more than 1/2 the cost of my Kongs and Outrages.

Skarn
Old 04-06-2009, 08:21 PM
ea01bg

You have called me a liar, and are willing to gamble a fire in this mans house...All in one post! Your friggin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!
Well I think Liar would be a bit harsh mor like you are exaggerating but take it however you want.[:-]. As far as gambling the mans house , now your junst being foolish. Dont charge zippys or any other lipo for that matter unattended.
no hesitation
hundreds of people are using these batteries. I doubt they are all buying new homes with every charge. In stead of providing sound advise you are spreading misinformation about a product you havent even used.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:32 PM
homeunt
My Feedback: (3)

you know.. Lipos are not that easy to blow up..
I've done some tests, It doesn't blow up when it's hit with a hammer,
It smokes and little fire when poked with a knife straight through.
Nothing if u drop it.
Nothing if you over-discharge it
then finally it blows up wien you overcharge it.

I mean the Lipos don't even react with water.
It reacts with air immediately before water can get into it.
Too much surface area on the things.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:55 PM
no hesitation

ORIGINAL: ea01bg

Well I think Liar would be a bit harsh mor like you are exaggerating but take it however you want.[:-]. As far as gambling the mans house , now your junst being foolish. Dont charge zippys or any other lipo for that matter unattended.
no hesitation
hundreds of people are using these batteries. I doubt they are all buying new homes with every charge. In stead of providing sound advise you are spreading misinformation about a product you havent even used.
I am not blindly bashing whatever product it is your trying to promote. My post says "bargain lipos" meaning: all substandard discounted packs. I know of fires happening to people who tried the budget battery to save a few bucks. There is a reason they cost less. You can stare at your charger all you want if the thing goes off it could still cause alot of damage. What if it burns while it's being stored? (yes it could happen) You can't always be watching your lipos. A cash box/fire safe/lipo bag can help here. I don't mind paying a little extra for piece of mind and I need the extra power for doing tic tocs on the deck.
I will spare the other readers eyeballs from the onslaught of expletives that are deserving of you. Do not ever mention me again in another post or I will see to it that you'll have to come up with another name and fresh e-mail to post here. Your probably a vendor and should be removed for pimping your crap wares anyways.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:43 PM
Ktbone
My Feedback: (3)

Let me jump in here and say go with the zippys! I've had to toss two Kongs in the last 2 weeks with less than 100 cycles, one cell in each pack failed. I had one fire from a lipo (Flight max) and I am sure it was from using a cheap charger. I have a pair of Outrage that are great packs with lots of punch after 80+ cycles but the zippy-H packs have just as much punch and the same number of cycles.

If you use a good balence charger and treat your packs right then the zippys will perform as well as most premium packs out there.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:33 AM
Cleared2Engage

Just to throw another name out there, I started using XPS packs in my 600. Half the cost, and twice the bang. They perform better than a pair of 300 dollar batteries I have in it. That being said I'm sure their 450 sized packs will perform just as well.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:59 AM
no hesitation

Whatever any of you out there decide about which lipo suits you watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6M5ftkN9PtY Seems like a lipo accident could seriously jack some #$%* up IMO
Old 04-07-2009, 04:11 AM
Skarn

No hesitation, you need to chill bro!

No one is promoting any product....he was simply saying that there are actually cheap lipo's out there that are good! And many of us are agreeing, that the cheap zippy's are very good....it's not always true that "there's a reason they cost less" means they are inferior as you imply.

And I'd love to see your evidence since you claim "yes they can burn while being stored'.
The ONLY time I've ever seen a lipo fire in a video, it was either caused on purpose of from overcharging. Even in the vid you post he purposely caused it to happen!

Even the cheap inferior lipo's are not dangerous, they simply don't last as long and have less punch.

Oh and your threat to the guy not only shows your maturity level, but it's quite ridiculous!

Can't we all have a friendly post without someone getting all bent out of shape? Man....

Skarn
Old 04-07-2009, 06:06 AM
ea01bg

no hesitation
I'm not a vendor nor do i sell any thing. I write software for a living. The fact that you mention lipos catching fire when stored shows just how little you understand this subject. Lipos can chatch fire when they are chemicaly active. That is to say when being dischared, charged or when they are heated becuase of the previouse two ations. once they are stored the change of hve any kind of problem is minimal. about the only thing that would cause it would be some type of physical damage.
I think this has gone beyond the scope of the question at hand and I will not be responding to any more of your misinformation I'm sure that anyone reading this can clearly see it for what it is.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Ybenjulkay2x

I would say go for the zippy or the Rhino pack, I order two outrage before I used rhino pack, the outrage batteries have only 3 flight and it ballons up, the rhyno it doesn't and still going. I have the rhino for about 6/7 month now and still going and lot of punch, I fly the bird every day, 3 flight per batteries, also I'm using turnigy balancer/charger to feed the lipo. The rhino batteries I have are the 2150, 2250, and the 2350(<this one is a little too big but it works), I have 3 hk 450 from hobby city, I also have the trex 450 sa from hobby expert, and the the trex clone 450 sa v2 flasher 450 from sn hobby.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:58 AM
u)

Well guys thanks for the input, I can tell u this one thing for sure and that is I won't spend $185 on a pack that's insane! About $80 to $90 on a pack is my maximum that I want to spend. Like I said I do want to get about 3 or 4 more packs so I have 4 or 5 total (including the align pack).

Also I'm using an Imax B5 charger builtin ballancer and digital display. It seems to be nice so far... It looks just like one of the turnigy chargers that I've seen advertised for about $40 except my Imax cost me about $90

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.