Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

my rant????

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:06 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my rant????

guys, I started with helis about two years ago... then the cx2, and above that a Helimax 400, then a couple of clones, a MX450, a basic t-rex, blaah blah blah... anyhow... last september I bought an SE V2GF, started building it, then winter came, I changed jobs, moved, got busy, etc.... anyhow, last friday was the first flight after four nights of tuning.. it flew great up until my cellphone rang anyhow, tonight I was going through real bad withdrawal, I flew this morning at work but it was windy, I got home the wind died down a bit and I had the most amazing flight of my life!!!! you guys know what I'm feeling, the figure 8's were great, anything I wanted, it did, I'm a sport flyer, not 3D, but it was just awesome, I called my brother and he just said "uh huh, and my job sucks because..... " I'm sure you guys will understand, thanks for taking the time to read my post and by all means, you can tell me that I'm just stupid or whatever or share your story...

thanks to everyone here, I've done a lot of reading on the setups, even without posts asking questions, the answers are here... thanks guys....

oh yeah, gotta get to bed, I'll post pic's of the completed heli tomorrow night, I swear

Old 04-23-2009, 01:22 PM
BoysToys

Default RE: my rant????

Strat-

I remember you starting out at about the same time as me two years ago. I think you were also flying an Axe CP. Is that correct?

I fought with the Axe CP for 4 months and actually learned to hover and complete a basic circuit with it. Then I moved on from the Axe CP to a TRex and experianced the same thing as you. One day everything just clicked and I could fly the thing anywhere I wanted without worrying about which way I was turning or if I was going to crash. I have been having a blast and crashing alot less since then. I moved up to larger helis, TRex 500 - Trex 600 and now a new TRex 700. Having a well quality helicopter/elctronics that are well setup is half the battle. My 600 and 700 will do anything I tell it to without any surprises. The larger helicopters are also easier for me to see and help with orientation. I am now starting to flying inverted circuits and trying to learn all of the moves that I can do right side up inverted.

I found that getting together and flying with a group of guys has help push me to progress my skills and learn new things. Try to find a group or a club to fly with. It is always nice when you hear someone tell you that they can tell that your skills have improved or give you pointers on how to fly a particular move better.

Congrats again and keep it up. It just keeps getting better!

Ohh and here is a self indulgent pic of my current heli fleet.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:03 PM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Default RE: my rant????

yeah, I believe we did.. I started with the Axe, didn't do real good, decided to move either up or out of the hobby and got into the 450's. I've got two t-rex's now (SA w/aluminum and SE GF) and a clone that I'm going to use at night, that one needs work. I think this is the first time I've really nailed the setup right and that's what is making it so great!

I'm wanting a nitro but it's not in the budget right now

I do fly with a buddy, he inspires me I guess, he's much better and got more stick time, we started about the same time also. our schedules aren't matching up well, but I am wanting to get together and get him to work me through my first loops and rolls, I won't have the guts to do it otherwise....

oh yeah, I had the click thing going on.... quite a few times I guess, they were the sound the heli made after crashes... but yeah, one day I got pissed about something (not heli related) and ended up with my heli in the ball field and me making the decision I was either going to master nose in hovering or go home with a wrecked heli.... it was scarey, but all of a sudden it made sense sitting there, then the next thing I knew the heli was doing what I wanted instead of what it wanted to do...

oh yeah, pics bad day at work, I'll get some no later than saturday, lol... tomorrow's gonna be hell too