Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Different versions of trex 450

can anyone tell me what is different in the version 1,2 and 3 of trex 450. Does version 3 have a belt to drive the rear rotor or shaft drive with helical gear at rear? looking at buying pro model but have noticed some are belt and some are shaft. Which one is the newest one. regards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Different versions of trex 450

v3 has torque tube (the shaft drive) and a new frame also the newest series. v2 has some rotor head upgrades over v1, but other than that i think V1 and V2 are very similar. v
    Air: Align 450 SEV2
    Hk 450
    Ground: Losi Mini-T

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks but i need to know whether or not the rear is belt or shaft.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

v1 and v2 = belt drive.     v3(450 pro)= shaft drive.    450 PRO FTW!   

Trex 550e FBL - Scorpion 4025-1100kv -18T , CC ICE100, CC bec pro, Mikado Mini-Vstabi , DS610 cyclic, DS650 on tail.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

V2 has an upgraded head compared to V1. V3's head is yet another upgrade from the V2 giving the heli more stability - some claim it flies more like a 500. V3 SPORT has a belt and is supposedly easier to work on with the V2-like frame. V3 PRO has a torque tube (TT) and no belt with a new designed frame that may be harder to work on. PRO and SPORT are the newest versions
    land: A123 RUSTLER VXL / MAMBA MAX 7700 TC4 / SAVAGE 25 SS
    air: TREX 250 SE / TREX 450 SPORT / TREX 600 FBL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

So if one were looking at a 450 Pro vs. a 450 Sport, which is the better choice? Do they fly much differently, or is the difference in ease of maintenance and a slight lower cost for the sport?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How about the 450 SA versus SE versus PRO etc. I"m looking at an SA model with a bunch of upgrades.
    \"I seemed to have hit a speed bump..\"
    \"No, that was just his Revo!\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

there are some great deals out there now on the SE V2....it is an awesome 450 Heli !!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I started out with an SA and while it was ok for a while the plastic head components wear quickly. I have upgraded now to a V1 head and it has made a big difference in the way it flies.
    Steve
    Hellcat Brotherhood #1
    P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #5
    ​Glow Head Brotherhood #17
    Spitfire Brotherhood #144
    Full size airplanes are real, our models are too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TCipolla

So if one were looking at a 450 Pro vs. a 450 Sport, which is the better choice? Do they fly much differently, or is the difference in ease of maintenance and a slight lower cost for the sport?
    Better choice? Well the PRO is designed more for the advanced user who doesn't crash as much. The design is more difficult to work on, takes more time to work on. Some say the torque tube (geared tail rotor) design can cause stripped gears in a crash. PRO is a whole new design which is nice for some whereas the SPORT is more of an upgraded V2 (the trex 450 model before the SPORT/PRO) If you don't crash often, the PRO is probably the way to go. Otherwise, go with the SPORT. The SPORT's frame is easier to work on and take apart. You still have to worry about belt tension, belt slippage or wear with the SPORT.

My answer is based just off of reading others experiences because I haven't experienced them first hand...As such I was researching a lot to buy my first CP bird. I of course went with the SPORT super combo which just means it comes with esc, motor, servos, gyro. JUST add a tx, rx, batteries. Since crashing for me will be inevitable, I went with the SPORT. According to Bert Kammerer, the average flier will not be able to tell a huge difference when flying a pro vs a sport. I know, I sure as heck won't.

Check out his video from the helifreak forum

http://www.helifreak.com/showthread....ight=SPORT+450
    land: A123 RUSTLER VXL / MAMBA MAX 7700 TC4 / SAVAGE 25 SS
    air: TREX 250 SE / TREX 450 SPORT / TREX 600 FBL

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, thanks for the input. I am a little weary of the torque tube design from Align. A member of my club just built 2 T-Rex 700's, and BOTH of them have quite a bit of slop in the gears. He is a great builder and was quite surprised to see this (he's been flying heli's for about 20 years). On the other hand, the belt design has its drawbacks, like having to watch the tension.