Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

600 Clicking Noise

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

600 Clicking Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2010, 10:47 AM
rcfan450

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 600 Clicking Noise

I have about 50 flights on my T-rex 600 and I could be wrong but I swear it never made this clicking noise in the one-way bearing area tell just yesterday. When I power it off and it is freely rotating it makes a clicking noise.

This is my first helicopter and maybe I just haven't paid attention to the noise tell now (like maybe it's been doing it all along and I just noticed it).

Anyways, I made a quick little video which I think maginfies the sound a lot but here it is. What do you guys think?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_GvSEHmyww[/youtube]
Old 03-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: 600 Clicking Noise

I do not own a 600, but I can tell you that you have a lot of drag on that system. The head of my helis (nitro Raptors and Hirobos) do not make that noise and with a spin like that, they would go for much longer than your video shows.

Rafael
Old 03-13-2010, 03:13 PM
rcfan450

It spins for quite a while with the blades on. W/O the blades, it is as you see. Just bought a new bearing and bearing shaft, we'll see what that does.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:43 PM
Ybenjulkay2x

Remove the belt out from your tail gear to see if it's coming from your tail gear bearing or from your one way bearing. Mine does that too last time and i've found that it's coming from the tail gear.
Old 03-14-2010, 11:52 AM
rcfan450

I don't have a belt for my tail gear. I think the guy who owned it before me upgraded a few things like that. This is my first heli and the more I figure it out, the more I'm glad I bought a used/upgraded one. It's got some cool stuff on it - like the 601 gyro, shaft driven tail assy, etc.

Anyways, I replaced the one-way bearing and bearing shaft yesterday and that was the problem. It's as smooth as butter again.

Problem fixed.