Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

CopterX 50amp ESC with Higher Grade servo's

I had bought my Copter X 450 last year and purchased the servo's, gyro, motor and esc all at once as a kit. That being said, I got a good deal on some higher quality parts that I could not pass up. S4950 Tail servo and Hitek 65's for the front 3. I also got an align 780 gyro and ar6100e receiver

Now I've read that the CX BEC gets warm and not having used it other than to test the new gear, it got really warm. Is this normal or should just get a 10amp bec or replace the whole esc with a trex unit? I'd like to hear from someone people who have used the Copter X 50amp.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CopterX 50amp ESC with Higher Grade servo's

I have used the 50A ESC with hitec 65Mg and Align 750 gyro with inno lab tail servos.. works nicely in 3D. I have used it also with Fusonic servos and GY401 / 9257 for tail. Works fine too. The inline BEC does get worm to hot at time but if you try to see what in that shrink wrap cover. it has a small PCB board with a transistor and heatsink which really heats up as it converts the power and step it down...