Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Using GY750 gyro on 6 ch setup???

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Using GY750 gyro on 6 ch setup???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 07:28 AM
harrier
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using GY750 gyro on 6 ch setup???

I just bought the Align 450 Pro super combo with the DS520 servo / GP750 gyro, etc. My question is that the manual shows that you can use a 6 channel rx with Futaba, but it requires a 7 channel rx for JR which I have. My other Trex 450 SE is running off a 6ch rx and I have a Futaba 401 gyro on it. On the 401 setup I can plug my rudder lead into the 401, then the two leads from the 401 go into the gear switch and rudder switch. Pretty straight forward.

On the GP750 there are two leads that to a rx, but no where for the rudder lead to go into the gyro like the 401. The diagram in the manual shows that i need to plug the rudder servo directly to the RUD port on the rx, then the GP750 goes to the GEAR and AUX2 ports on the rx, which is completely diff from a 401 setup.

So my question is am I forced now to get a 7 ch rx for my heli or is there someway to set it up to only use 6 channels?

I am referring to page 17 of the 450 Pro manual if anyone is not understanding my confusion here.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:21 AM
harrier
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Using GY750 gyro on 6 ch setup???

OK, nevermind. I finally looked closer at the gyro and noticed there is a port on it for the rudder servo lead ha ha. Never would have thought to look on the servo itself as my 401 was an actual lead that the rudd servo went into. Case closed. Now to figure out how to program the GP750.