Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Setting up JR9303 and Trex 450 Pro with GP750 gryo?

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Setting up JR9303 and Trex 450 Pro with GP750 gryo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:59 PM
harrier
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Setting up JR9303 and Trex 450 Pro with GP750 gryo?

I have a JR 9303, Trex 450 Pro running the Align GP750 gyro. I need some help clarifying what the diff is between Gyro Sensitivity and Travel Adjustment on the Gear Switch.

Setup is as follows:
Rudder to Gyro port
Gyro goes to Rudd / Gear ports on RX (single yellow to the Gear on the RX)

When I move the Gear Switch on the radio the green light turns to red on the gyro. When in flight, the green is HH mode, and red os non-HH mode. Simple enough.

At first I had the Gear Travel at +/- 100, and the tail was shaking terribly. Someone told me to turn down the travel on the Gear channel to something like +/- 40, which helped out tremendously.

Now my Gyro Sensitivity in the Radio is set to around 70% but changing this around doesn't seem to do a whole lot. Changes to the Gear Travel seem to have the largest impact.

Can someone explain what the proper way to setup the gyro is and why the sensitivity changes appear to not do much?

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:59 PM
noobflyer01

Default RE: Setting up JR9303 and Trex 450 Pro with GP750 gryo?

Hey Doc, I have the DX7 myself. but the principles remain the same. travel adjust on the rudder will increase the rate at which your heli will yaw (piro rate). you can independately change these values to the left or right to match for both. I have mine at 110% left and right. which is a little faster than the default 100%.

I have gyro=gear in my menu. flipping the gear switch on my dx7 toggles the gyro mode (red- normal rate mode, green-heading hold mode).
changing the values on my gear channel controls the gain for gyro mode. You want the gain high enough until your heli starts to wag then back off the gain until it stops wagging. this will help how will your tail will hold in various scenarios. with a higher gain you will find that the tail is snappy.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM
harrier
My Feedback: (2)

Hey thanks, but what does the Gyro Sensitivity do? I have a setting on my radio for that and the manual says to put it at 70% but changing it to 10% and 90% doesn't seem to change anything.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:49 PM
noobflyer01

ORIGINAL: harrier

Hey thanks, but what does the Gyro Sensitivity do? I have a setting on my radio for that and the manual says to put it at 70% but changing it to 10% and 90% doesn't seem to change anything.
Ibelieve it has something to do with the gyro sense menu. which I'm not using. I adjust the gain for the gyro and that's it.