Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > T-Rex heli
Reload this Page >

Futaba 6EXHP and HK401 gyro questions

Community
Search
Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

Futaba 6EXHP and HK401 gyro questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:08 PM
gauicanada
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 6EXHP and HK401 gyro questions

I have tried the settings you mentioned and for me they were at a level that didn't work for me. The way I have it set really does give a minimal amount of movement to the heli. I actually have to move the sticks a fair distance for it to move more aggressively. I never changed the tail rotor assembley on mine and never had an issue with it. The only problem I did have was the tail rotor drive gear that runs off the main gear it would strip when the tail rotor contacted the ground while spinning. Keep in mind your skill level is much higher than mine and for you my settings would mean crash due to your flying style. Each to his own and I am no expert I'm just telling what worked for me.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:11 PM
gauicanada

I have tried the settings you mentioned and for me they were at a level that didn't work for me. The way I have it set really does give a minimal amount of movement to the heli. I actually have to move the sticks a fair distance for it to move more aggressively. I never changed the tail rotor assembley on mine and never had an issue with it. The only problem I did have was the tail rotor drive gear that runs off the main gear it would strip when the tail rotor contacted the ground while spinning. Keep in mind your skill level is much higher than mine and for you my settings would mean crash due to your flying style. Each to his own and I am no expert I'm just telling what worked for me.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 PM
gauicanada

I watched your video and with my setting my hovers are rock solid a far cry from the hover you have in your video, unless you are wanting to make it bob all over the place in that case my apologies.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:45 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That curve is what I started with from day one. The guy that mentored me “Doorman” was a scale competitor. It didn’t touch a stunt curve until my 2rd year of flying. All your doing with that curve your using is retarding your learning curve and teaching yourself bad habits. But to each his own. I will say one thing if you are planning on doing scale and you run that curve your using the 1st good breeze your in for a fun ride.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:56 PM
gauicanada

Maybe but then again I'm more for going into scale and if my settings are not what I need there I will change them. Sport flying I'm sure is more intense than what I do. And as far as retarding my skills go that's fine because if it helps me to fly with more precision then that is what I want. Really I would like to get to the stage where I can land my heli on a dime and thread it through a doorway without hitting walls. I'm glad your happy with your settings and I'm sure you are. One thing I do do is listen and I don't believe my word would ever be the end all in helis I can never claim that or would I want to. You can think I'm a retard and that's cool but one thing about I will listen and dismiss the stuff that doesn't work when I put it into practise.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:13 PM
ea01bg

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasnt calling you a retard chief, I said that the way your trying to fly is retarding ( holding back ) your progress.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:25 PM
gauicanada

Thanks for that note. I have flown in a fairly stiff breeze with these settings and with the mass of the 500 and keeping my heli close enough to keep a good eye on it there was no real problems. my biggest problem is when it gets too far away and I have trouble seeing it. One time I went too high so I backed off on the throttle to get it closer. When it came into a good view it was heading sideways for the ground. I gave it hard right aileron then left and after a swing in both directions it came to a managable hover. Keep in mind these are the same settings I descibed. One thing I never clarified was the heli would start to lift off after half way on the stick so my numbers for pitch may be off but the degrees they climbed were about what I said
Old 11-02-2010, 02:32 AM
Rob2160

I just made a video of the HK401 Gyro fix..

Hopefully it is clearer than the one I have watched previously on youtube...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TPSZtg5ZfY[/youtube]