RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   T-Rex heli (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/)
-   -   HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/11198904-hk-450gt-ccpm-alloy-t-rex-compatible-part-iii.html)

rikybob 09-26-2012 05:35 PM

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

Installed my 410's using the zip tie measure. R/R took only an hour.

I actually could have been a surgeon.:)

Tomorrow I will do the setup on the ZYX software.

b

ahamay 09-26-2012 05:40 PM

ORIGINAL: rikybob
b

Ahhh...but are you going to zip tie your zyx http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...unge_smile.gif

rikybob 09-26-2012 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: ahamay

b

Ahhh...but are you going to zip tie your zyx [img][/img]

Heheh.....nawp but I press that joker on each time at preflight cause I've had a gyro come off in mid air before!

It really wasn't that bad in that I haven't had to do surgery on a heli in a while and I just forkin' dreaded it.

These "little ones" are just so finicky!

I'll have to do the servo reversing dance tomorrow and since it has been so long using the software I'm going to use the portion of Simon's viddy to re setup the cyclics!

Yes, I will, in fact watch his "pedantic" video again but I decided to make a drinking game of it.

Each time EBO says "right" I will take a sip!

I should be drunk in bout 7 minutes!:)

b

hugj 09-26-2012 06:54 PM

Quick update on the hk 550fbl build I found the second problem if you include the canopy the main gear holder is slightly bent! This sucks
I have to order a new one or i will distroy the gears so add anothe 20.00 to the total I still hope to do a maden this weekend it depends on shipping!
Oh well WTH.
Hugh

ahamay 09-26-2012 07:19 PM

Heheh.....nawp but I press that joker on each time at preflight cause I've had a gyro come off in mid air before!

It really wasn't that bad in that I haven't had to do surgery on a heli in a while and I just forkin' dreaded it.

These "little ones" are just so finicky!

I'll have to do the servo reversing dance tomorrow and since it has been so long using the software I'm going to use the portion of Simon's viddy to re setup the cyclics!

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Yes, I will, in fact watch his "pedantic" video again but I decided to make a drinking game of it.
</span>
Each time EBO says "right" I will take a sip!

I should be drunk in bout 7 minutes!:)

b
I think the general consensus with FBL now is that you should setup as much cyclic pitch as you can before it binds on full negative. I can get 12 with mine but have set it up for 10 deg, with 11 degrees of collective pitch. This appears to give the gyro more "room to move" as such and overall my helis felt smoother after making this change. I think simon was setting his up for about 7 in the videos.

There's no maneuver that I'm capable of yet that will bog the motor with these settings.

RE EBO - Isn't it..... "All Right" which is slang for alright ? If you say "All Right" really slowly you'll even sound like a pom http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...unge_smile.gif

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ades_smile.gif

ingleburn 09-26-2012 10:03 PM

[quote]ORIGINAL: pushinoldrc

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

I once fixed a broken coffee cup handle with hot glue. Worked a treat till I used it. Guess you know how that ended.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

And Ithought you were supposed to be the smart one.

Who told you thathttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...spinnyeyes.gif
<br type="_moz" />

Ddaddy 09-27-2012 09:32 AM

Home from surgery, did I miss anything good? Got the fff zyx sorted? My DVR came in for my FPV...gotta try that soon. <div></div><div>BTW, you know your an addict when you dream about heli flying...nit that I've every done that:eek:

edit..lmfao...gluing coffee cup handle back on! </div>

rikybob 09-27-2012 10:19 AM

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Home from surgery, did I miss anything good? Got the fff zyx sorted? My DVR came in for my FPV...gotta try that soon. <div> </div><div>BTW, you know your an addict when you dream about heli flying...nit that I've every done that :eek:

Ok, I'll bite. I happen to be pretty certain you ain't a Texas surgeon!

Did you get cut on??

I hope all is well and that your modeling career isn't in jeopardy!

Lookin' forward to the FPV project!

b

EDIT: RE: "Missing anything good".......I am enjoying immensely Simons trials and tribulations with his Tarot ZYX not behaving due to a presumed firmware issue with the new flash model. Little does he know that I saw to it that he has buggy firmware in a measure to drive his anal retentive @ s s KRAZY! I sooooooo ashamed!:)

pushinoldrc 09-27-2012 10:24 AM

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

Home from surgery, did I miss anything good? Got the fff zyx sorted? My DVR came in for my FPV...gotta try that soon. <div></div><div>BTW, you know your an addict when you dream about heli flying...nit that I've every done that:eek:

Ok, I'll bite. I happen to be pretty certain you ain't a Texas surgeon!

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">Did you get cut on??</span>

I hope all is well and that your modeling career isn't in jeopardy!

Lookin' forward to the FPV project!

b

EDIT: RE: "Missing anything good".......I am enjoying immensely Simons trials and tribulations with his Tarot ZYX not behaving due to a presumed firmware issue with the new flash model. Little does he know that I saw to it that he has buggy firmware in a measure to drive his anal retentive @ s s KRAZY!<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);"> I sooooooo ashamed!:)</span>
Iwas thinking "what'd he get cut off?"

I bet your not ashamed at all as you LYAO.

rikybob 09-27-2012 10:25 AM

ORIGINAL: hugj

Quick update on the hk 550fbl build I found the second problem if you include the canopy the main gear holder is slightly bent! This sucks
I have to order a new one or i will distroy the gears so add anothe 20.00 to the total I still hope to do a maden this weekend it depends on shipping!
Oh well WTH.
Hugh

Grrrrrrrr!

I secretly hope the build goes well for you personally but if it doesn't it will force me into doing the "right thing" which is, IF I pry my wallet open, thereby allowing GIANT moths to be set free and purchase a 550, I should be heading in the direction of an Align.

I've had NOTHING but good come out of my Align 500CF!!

Truly the best on YOUR build!

b

hugj 09-27-2012 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey you'all the 550 build tonight went fine! NO SUPRISES!!!! I have a new main gear mounting plate on the way with new oneway bearing and i ordered a counter rotating gear just in case.
So far if you included the price of the heli and the parts i'm at 165.00 not including the canopy "wifie baught" or shipping The rest of the heli quality seems good.
Tonight I sorted the tail not centering just had the servo arm in the wrong spot. Got the beastx and all cyclic servos mounted made intial adj. to them and looks good so far!
If these pictures will upload the first is the heli with the canopy the second is a size comparison 450 to 550
take care Hugh

ingleburn 09-27-2012 05:00 PM

Hey you'all the 550 build tonight went fine! NO SUPRISES!!!! I have a new main gear mounting plate on the way with new oneway bearing and i ordered a counter rotating gear just in case.
So far if you included the price of the heli and the parts i'm at 165.00 not including the canopy "wifie baught" or shipping The rest of the heli quality seems good.
Tonight I sorted the tail not centering just had the servo arm in the wrong spot. Got the beastx and all cyclic servos mounted made intial adj. to them and looks good so far!
If these pictures will upload the first is the heli with the canopy the second is a size comparison 450 to 550
take care Hugh

Wow that thing is HUGE!!!!!.
Looking good and cant wait to see the maiden.
<br type="_moz" />

ahamay 09-27-2012 05:20 PM

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

take care Hugh

Wow that thing is HUGE!!!!!.
Looking good and cant wait to see the maiden.
Indeed it is huge...and Ibet it sounds awesome as well. Hope your parts arrive for the maiden this weekend.

Jonesy

mnemennth 09-27-2012 06:48 PM

take care Hugh

Hugh -

Did you get the PMI sent you?

There were 1-ways and holders and gears and pinions in that lot.... please tell me you're the one who bought it! I was sorely tempted to get it, just against the day I might need the parts!

mnem
FNARFF!

Edmund2 09-27-2012 10:01 PM

My "Friday post". Had a goods show last Fiday and Saturday with a on very short notice formation flight arranged along with two ancient Vampires on the sides and a L39 in the lead with me at the rear.  Been a heck of long time since I had done that but to have a jet's tail 50 ft in front and about 10 ft above you takes a  lot of concentration.  Only picture I could get was a cellphone one taken by my son in law depicting a minute plane in the frame.

Hugh, nice buy and welcome to the 550E owners association, yours however does not have the unmentionable on it. Brian your will enjoy such a bird.

Edmund 

BTW Pi..ing down here but we do need it.

hugj 09-28-2012 02:17 AM

yes i did thanks i'm trying to arrange that

ahamay 09-29-2012 02:57 PM

Boo !!

rikybob 09-29-2012 03:42 PM

@ Jonesy - GOOD GOD you scared me! "Workin'" ATM. Evening shift tonight and tomorrow! [:@]

@ Edmund - Glad you had a great time and can only IMAGINE being in one of those lovely aircraft (without vomiting) and how cool that must be!

@ Hugh - Did your parts make it in, in time??? Lookin' forward to seeing that monster in the air!!!

@ All - Worked on my 450 the other day and did installs of the new 415s and then an hour a day later and got the new cyclics sycronized using the CopterX software. Just need to reassemble and test. Prolly going to go to the field Tuesday morning and fly around. Been waaaaaay too long from flyin' the 500!

Best to all!

b

ingleburn 09-29-2012 04:31 PM

Hey you guys its the weekend and nothing ever happens here usually.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../sad_smile.gif

Just took the GT out to test the Hobbymate gyro but the wind picked up as soon as the heli came out of the box.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f.../cry_smile.gif

Not the ideal way to try out anything new but hovered it for a pack anyway. Well I mean tried to keep it from hitting the deck.

It seemed to handle the wind ok but way to sensitive and will tone it down a bit for next time.

Way to windy to do a proper review so it will have to wait till another time.

@ Brian. You will really notice the difference using those new servos. Time for some blather I think.

@ Jonesy. Thanks for waking me up.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...eeth_smile.gif

hugj 09-29-2012 04:44 PM

Yes the parts arrived! Did the final set up all was good toke out back for spool up wnet fine did a quick lift had tail wag!!!
Never had that with the beastx made a few adj. no better it got worse!
  China bearings the tail shaft bearings lasted 1 min. tail loose and no control.
I hung my head and said ***.
All other bearings seem and i mean seem to be fine so i will either order new ones or make a visit to the not so local hobby shop.
As the say in for a penney in for a pound.
She was a sight the heli will be great after i get rid of the crap bearings! I hope!
Hugh

rikybob 09-29-2012 04:57 PM

Yes the parts arrived! Did the final set up all was good toke out back for spool up wnet fine did a quick lift had tail wag!!!
All other bearings seem and i mean seem to be fine so i will either order new ones or make a visit to the not so local hobby shop.
She was a sight the heli will be great after i get rid of the crap bearings! I hope!
Hugh

Glad to know there was no damage!

Yah, in my fantasy world I figured I would lay hands on the HK550 kit and replace ALL bearings first thing to include the one way bearing.

I am dubuious at best of those things. To the point where I am paranoid about just buying the Align kit. Then the ghosts of dead Scottish relatives tome to haunt me!

b

PS Yah, Ingleburn, time for some mindless blather! Tuesday I think!

ingleburn 09-29-2012 05:25 PM

Hugh
I feel your pain. Im in the habbit of replacing the tail bearings straight away
Glad no harm was done and better luck next time.
<br type="_moz" />

ahamay 09-29-2012 07:44 PM

@ Jonesy - GOOD GOD you scared me! "Workin'" ATM. Evening shift tonight and tomorrow! [:@]

b
Thought it was quite around here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

We have a dodgy forecast for this weekend and the rest of the week so I did not bother charging any 450 packs. Has been nice and calm first and last thing for the past few days so I've been giving the mcpx a good run out the front before it gets too windy.

I'm really happy with the TGY-306G servo Iput on my second 450 PRO I've ordered another one to replace the Align DS520 Ihave on number 1. I'm only running them at 4.8v from a turnigy plush but the 306G seems to hold the tail better than the ds520 as it's a little quicker. You do need the little servo adapter bracket to mount it to the tray of the pro, but they are only about $3.

Based on about 20 flights on the new pro I would recommend the 306G for the tail and Irekon they would even make a ripper cyclic setup as well. No slop has developed in the 306G so far either.

@Hugh - Bugger about the bearings, hope you get her in the air soon.

Best to everyone and hope you get some flying in.

ingleburn 09-29-2012 08:13 PM

ORIGINAL: ahamay

b
Thought it was quite around here http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

We have a dodgy forecast for this weekend and the rest of the week so I did not bother charging any 450 packs. Has been nice and calm first and last thing for the past few days so I've been giving the mcpx a good run out the front before it gets too windy.

I'm really happy with the TGY-306G servo Iput on my second 450 PRO I've ordered another one to replace the Align DS520 Ihave on number 1. I'm only running them at 4.8v from a turnigy plush but the 306G seems to hold the tail better than the ds520 as it's a little quicker. You do need the little servo adapter bracket to mount it to the tray of the pro, but they are only about $3.

Based on about 20 flights on the new pro I would recommend the 306G for the tail and Irekon they would even make a ripper cyclic setup as well. No slop has developed in the 306G so far either.

@Hugh - Bugger about the bearings, hope you get her in the air soon.

Best to everyone and hope you get some flying in.

Glad that servo is working for you. Still deciding what to do with mine. If the DS415's in the pro get anymore slop in them I might do a complete swap and put the turnigy on the tail and the inolabs on the cyclic.
Wind is suppose to drop here soon so might get a chance to take the GT out and tweak the Hobbymate.
<br type="_moz" />

Kozzy_98 09-29-2012 11:51 PM

Hey all.

Haven't done anything on the helis, been too focused on the quadcopter!

Currently have whats called the "Lazy #4" syndrome. Registered on blasted RCG forum! Nothing bad as of yet! Will have to find a tachometer to see if I have fixed the Lazy #4.

Sadly I haven't got a tacho. Will see if I can use a guitar tuner to measure the pitch of the motors in relation to their actual RPMs.

If not I will have to go to Peter's house and beg for his tacho that I once saw in his toolbox :D