RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   T-Rex heli (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/)
-   -   HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/11198904-hk-450gt-ccpm-alloy-t-rex-compatible-part-iii.html)

Ddaddy 09-03-2012 10:03 PM

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

I'm a little surprized there's not been much response on RCG about the 3.5 pitch especially since Simon's vid's are refferenced so much. I'm not experiencing it on my 3.5 but it's on a 500 and it's had other issues ($) I've been working through. My 450 has original cx1000 and I'm not touching it!

It is clear there's a problem though from watching the vids.

Goodnight everyone,
Ken<br type="_moz" />

rikybob 09-04-2012 01:59 PM

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

@ <span style=''font-family: Verdana, Arial; font-size: 13px; background-color: rgb(251, 252, 255); ''>Joaquin. Hope you get some flying in soon. I know how work gets in the way.

@ Brian. Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I had the same thing in Thailand but I think the wants might have been a bit different.[img][/img]
Hate to say it but Ill be glad when your walk of shame starts. Been a bit quiet in here and your blather will be welcome.

@ all. Went out again this morning and found a bigger patch of ground to fly on. Weather was great and really enjoyed it.
Vids uploading now but no blather as I was kinda expecting a crash as Im going a bit beyond my comfort zone.
Sorry to report no crashes but on the last flight it glitched again so Ill upload it for you to take a look at.
Seems to be the same symtoms as Simons, flying into the wind and giving elevator it just takes off.
Luckily Im only trying to level out not do a loop as Simon is when it glitches.<br type=''_moz'' /></span>

Yah, one last weekend off for a while will be spent on Florida's Treasure coast watching sunsets!

I secretly look forward to having Mon/Tue off for a month in a measure to blather you folk again!

Many thanx!

b

PS Good viddys, need more blather!

PSS Watch out for the fence!

rikybob 09-04-2012 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

I'm a little surprized there's not been much response on RCG about the 3.5 pitch especially since Simon's vid's are refferenced so much. I'm not experiencing it on my 3.5 but it's on a 500 and it's had other issues ($) I've been working through. My 450 has original cx1000 and I'm not touching it!

It is clear there's a problem though from watching the vids.

Goodnight everyone,
Ken<br type=''_moz'' />

Odd isn't it???

As for me I own two CX1000's and of course with my "Fish tankin'" I like 'em JUST the way they are!

The next one I get is a BeastX clone!

All the best!

b

hugj 09-04-2012 03:05 PM

I have a cx1000 on my 450, gaui 425 a beastx clone on the trex 500 and a beastx on the swift 550.
the only issues i had were with the cx1000 on the gaui droped the gains and flys great.
 both the clone and orginal beastx work great i like them better beceause you can program them with out a computer.

I got the 550 back in the air this last weekend flew great. I'm a little gun shy though come to find out the tail linkege is a weak link
I can upgrade to cnc but it is $$$$ also i may convert it to the gaui design if it will work tail shafts are the same size.
I think i will take one off and see if it will work, if it does i can get a cnc gaui set up for less money.
   Raining again so i think a little mntc. is in order.
  Hugh

rikybob 09-04-2012 03:29 PM

ORIGINAL: hugj

I have a cx1000 on my 450, gaui 425 a beastx clone on the trex 500 and a beastx on the swift 550.
the only issues i had were with the cx1000 on the gaui droped the gains and flys great.
both the clone and orginal beastx work great i like them better beceause you can program them with out a computer.

I got the 550 back in the air this last weekend flew great. I'm a little gun shy though come to find out the tail linkege is a weak link
I can upgrade to cnc but it is $$$$ also i may convert it to the gaui design if it will work tail shafts are the same size.
I think i will take one off and see if it will work, if it does i can get a cnc gaui set up for less money.
Raining again so i think a little mntc. is in order.
Hugh

550 ( drool )

Whats mntc I wunder??

b

hugj 09-04-2012 03:44 PM

Don't drool too hard with bigger birds comes bigger cost's!!!!!!!

Kozzy_98 09-04-2012 10:11 PM

I assume mtnc = maintenance...

Finally got my big box full of parts for the quad copter. 11x4.7 props are deceptively big, as too the DT750 motors off HK!

Will hopefully program the quad board and also wire up the escs.

Kozzy_98 09-05-2012 12:44 AM

Hey guys, having a bit of a problem as far as my MT kit goes...

Just spooled up the motor to check if it was spinning in the right direction, and something didn't sound right. It sounded as if something was restricting the movement of the motor and the motor RPMs were going up, then down even though my stick was in the same position.

So I checked the belt tension, all good. Meshing between the pinion and main gear was good. However I am not sure about the meshing of the tail drive gear and tail belt gear. This seems to be the problem because when I spin the head in the opposite direction, it is not smooth unlike both of my GT frames. A tad frustrating, but oh well...

ahamay 09-05-2012 01:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Kozzy_98
Just spooled up the motor to check if it was spinning in the right direction, and something didn't sound right. It sounded as if something was restricting the movement of the motor and the motor RPMs were going up, then down even though my stick was in the same position.
So I checked the belt tension, all good. Meshing between the pinion and main gear was good. However I am not sure about the meshing of the tail drive gear and tail belt gear. This seems to be the problem because when I spin the head in the opposite direction, it is not smooth unlike both of my GT frames. A tad frustrating, but oh well...
I'll throw a few suggestions...something may help.

- Watch out for soft start on ESC...this can be a little confusting if your giving throttle and nothings happening then it revs up.
- Take your main gear off and spool the motor to check to see if it's free and working as per normal.
- Check you have not overtigtened the main gear bolt as this will warp your tail drive gear (autorotation gear) and it will have a tight spot with your tail belt gear. You may just have a warped gear which is highly likely.

Sounds like the problem is the mesh between the autorotation gear and the tail drive gear. These gears tend to be warped and will wobble a bit but still maintain good contact with the tail gear. It's when it's warped the othe way (ie oval instead of round) that you get a tight spot.

Hope that helps

Jonesy

Kozzy_98 09-05-2012 04:03 AM

3rd point helped me, thanks Jonesy!

Night to all.

rikybob 09-05-2012 04:23 AM

I assume mtnc = maintenance...DOH!

Finally got my big box full of parts for the quad copter. 11x4.7 props are deceptively big, as too the DT750 motors off HK!

Will hopefully program the quad board and also wire up the escs.

ingleburn 09-05-2012 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: ahamay

- Watch out for soft start on ESC...this can be a little confusting if your giving throttle and nothings happening then it revs up.
- Take your main gear off and spool the motor to check to see if it's free and working as per normal.
- Check you have not overtigtened the main gear bolt as this will warp your tail drive gear (autorotation gear) and it will have a tight spot with your tail belt gear. You may just have a warped gear which is highly likely.

Sounds like the problem is the mesh between the autorotation gear and the tail drive gear. These gears tend to be warped and will wobble a bit but still maintain good contact with the tail gear. It's when it's warped the othe way (ie oval instead of round) that you get a tight spot.

Hope that helps

Jonesy

Ive been pretty lucky with mine but the last one was warped, wobbled and ovaled so I threw it out and put a complete Tarot set on it. Problem fixed.
Think the GT needs some mtnc as wellhttp://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gifbut will have to wait till after tommorows flights.
Trying to get this glitch sorted as I dont want to go back to the other firmware.
<br type="_moz" />

jnail 09-05-2012 01:27 PM

Hey guys, I haven't been around much lately due to life....

I know its a late invite, but [link=http://ncmcrc.com/]our flying club[/link] is hosting our anual fall fun-fly this weekend. I would like to invite anyone who is anywhere near northen MN to attend. It is usually a really fun event for both plankers and heli pilots. I think the highlight of the weekend this time though will be the full-contact foamy delta combat. We are hoping to start with at least 30 airplanes, and end with 1! You can find the info on the link I posted, or PM me, and I will give you more info.

On a more somber note, for me anyway, I have found out that my job is ending at the end of this month after 10 years of loyalty. So I am kind of in freak-out mode over what to do next. Hopefully I will be able to keep something in the air during this time to help fend off the depression. I will try to keep in touch with everyone, but keep me in your thoughts.
Jeff

Ddaddy 09-05-2012 01:37 PM

ORIGINAL: jnail

Hey guys, I haven't been around much lately due to life....

I know its a late invite, but [link=http://ncmcrc.com/]our flying club[/link] is hosting our anual fall fun-fly this weekend. I would like to invite anyone who is anywhere near northen MN to attend. It is usually a really fun event for both plankers and heli pilots. I think the highlight of the weekend this time though will be the full-contact foamy delta combat. We are hoping to start with at least 30 airplanes, and end with 1! You can find the info on the link I posted, or PM me, and I will give you more info.

On a more somber note, for me anyway, I have found out that my job is ending at the end of this month after 10 years of loyalty. So I am kind of in freak-out mode over what to do next. Hopefully I will be able to keep something in the air during this time to help fend off the depression. I will try to keep in touch with everyone, but keep me in your thoughts.
Jeff
Jeff,

No reason to freak out. I was just let go after 21 years. And I am enjoying my free time : )

Wish I could join you but a little far ; )

Best,
Ken
<br type="_moz" />

hugj 09-05-2012 02:47 PM

sorry to hear that Jeff I do know where you are at!
Keep the faith and remember you were looking for a job when you got that one.
Just fly and enjoy life! It may be gone in a instant.
Hugh

mnemennth 09-05-2012 09:41 PM

ORIGINAL: Edmund2

Mnem, where did you get Kakked in the English vocabularly? Great version of an Afrikaans word (my language) and reading your sentence the meaning (end result) is exactly the same when we ad the "ked" to it. Implication being not good quality and it got busted.
(SNIP)
Edmund
Hmmm...
while it does appear that what is now the most popular usage of that slang is derived from the Africaans word for dung, my exposure to the term as a youth in 1980s Pittsburgh, PA was as an onomatopoeia for the sound a cat makes when coughing up something dead or otherwise nasty. However, I do know that I've seen the word "kakk" used by several Brit friends online, and it was always in similar context; I always assumed they meant the same thing I did, but it is more likely it was adapted from the Africaans.

Hope that helps

Jonesy
Another thing to be very careful of is the one-way bearing; especially on these econo-kits, they cheap out big time on 'em. If you take your auto drive gear off the hub, then put the hub on a fresh bearing sleeve, then either chuck that up in a prop balancer or spin it on a mainshaft in an empty chassis, you will often find that the hub is crooked as hell. Another thing they'll do is run true in ONE spot on the sleeve; once you let it freewheel to a new spot, it'll be crooked again. I always thought it was poor manufacturing on the hubs, until I got the Align bearing press (<span style="color:#333333; font-size:9pt;padding-top:3px;">K10273)</span> and some Align one-way bearings (HS1229). EVERYONEof those hubs ran true with the Align one-way bearings.

If you can't be arsed to press a one-way bearing, genuine Align hubs (HS1228) with the bearing installed are only $12-ish. Get yourself one or two and some new Align sleeves (HZ026) and go through all your "warped" gears again; you'll be amazed at how many run true. The one-way bearing will make the Auto gear run crooked; a poorly made sleeve can make both gears run crooked. Also, it is VERY easy to overtighten the jeezus bolt that runs through the main gear; if you do, you deform the main gear and the sleeve, causing these problems as well.

This bearing/hub is one of the biggest causes of harmonic vibration in these little birds; especially if you get a high-frequency vibration at a specific RPM regardless of blade pitch, look here and at your motor's balancing.

I know some models of FBL units have data logging, and that they can monitor vibration levels in the heli. Can the BeastX and clone do this?

mnem
I'm bearing the load okay.

Edmund2 09-06-2012 12:29 AM

There are about 1 ex South Africans in London and about half that in Aus. So yes that word has gone around a bit.  RAIN  wonderful rain over here. now I will get mud on my shoes and no more dust!!!!

Edmund</p>

ingleburn 09-06-2012 02:52 AM

There are about 1 ex South Africans in London and about half that in Aus. So yes that word has gone around a bit. RAIN wonderful rain over here. now I will get mud on my shoes and no more dust!!!!

Edmund</p>
In Australia we use it as well. But as usual we add a bit so to us its cactus. Well I thought it was spelt that way but maybe its kaktus?
<br type="_moz" />

Edmund2 09-06-2012 03:39 AM

ORIGINAL: ingleburn

There are about 1 ex South Africans in London and about half that in Aus. So yes that word has gone around a bit. RAIN wonderful rain over here. now I will get mud on my shoes and no more dust!!!!

Edmund</p>
In Australia we use it as well. But as usual we add a bit so to us its cactus. Well I thought it was spelt that way but maybe its kaktus?
<br type="_moz" />
Kaktus in our language is the same as Cactus in English, being a spiny succulant plant, A short little story about our three letter word. Many years a go I had a new manager coming to SA from the UK. At a shopping mall be buzzed into a parking lot with his car and as a vehicle pulled out he zipped into the parking space not realising that another vehicle with it's indicator on was waiting for car one to pull out before she could pull into it. The lady driver then told him in Afrikaans "Gaan kak meneer" translated meaning, Go and have cr.p sir, that was the first Afrikaans words spoken directly to him and we had much joy in explaing to him what it meant.

Edmund

ahamay 09-06-2012 01:33 PM

Another new heli from blade. The Nano CP X. Smaller than mcpx but runs same motors apparently. Look like a neat bird for inside.

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH3300

http://www.rcheliresource.com/wp-con...-Nano-CP-X.jpg

http://www.rcheliresource.com/wp-con...-Nano-CP-X.jpg

rikybob 09-06-2012 01:58 PM

@ Jeff - As we spoke privately GO HOME! There is NO ONE in a land as COLD as where you live. Russians aren't that cold!:D

@ All - Got HOSED out of flying today due to work and look forward to getting back out into the field next week!

All the best!

b

mnemennth 09-06-2012 05:56 PM

Another new heli from blade. The Nano CP X. Smaller than mcpx but runs same motors apparently. Look like a neat bird for inside.

http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ProdId=BLH3300
(SNIPfor brevity's sake)
Mmmhmm... This is looking an awful lot like my 4Ch Xieda 9958's design; looks like it uses the same landing gear and similar chassis. It even has the same horrible, horrible linear servos. Ughh. I wonder if they contracted to manufacture it?

Manual is here, with exploded view:

http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...300-Manual.pdf

mnem
Bent, not broken.

Kozzy_98 09-07-2012 03:25 AM

Hey guys, I have a small issue to which I am absolutely perplexed!

I have a HK401b Cyro and a HXT900 servo for the tail. When I give right rudder, it piros left and vice versa. If I flip the Direction tab, it piros out of control because it is compensating in the wrong direction...

ahamay 09-07-2012 03:37 AM

I have a HK401b Cyro and a HXT900 servo for the tail. When I give right rudder, it piros left and vice versa. If I flip the Direction tab, it piros out of control because it is compensating in the wrong direction...
Reverse the rudder channel direction in your tx.

Jonesy

mnemennth 09-07-2012 07:59 PM

Reverse the rudder channel direction in your tx.

Jonesy
You know, for the longest time I had all mine set up like that, because I instinctively "flew the tail" and it just seemed the natural way to set it up. It wasn't until I bought my first RTF that I realized I had it bass-ackwards. http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/...alm_smiley.gif

mnem
"mumblethatandaboutamillionotherthingsmumble.. ."
"What was that honey?I can't hear you."
"NUHH-THING!!!"