RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   T-Rex heli (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/)
-   -   HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/11198904-hk-450gt-ccpm-alloy-t-rex-compatible-part-iii.html)

Ddaddy 06-21-2013 10:51 AM

RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya'll got the thread closed! Ya'll are impressive!

rikybob 06-21-2013 10:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Ddaddy

DOH! [8D]

b

helicrazedout 06-21-2013 11:02 AM

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

The V911 is a very small, 1S/120mah powered 4CH fixed pitch heli with flybar. You can buy them from banggood.com and TMart.com for US$35-40 RTF and US$20-25 BNF (Will bind to Turnigy 9X-9XR, etc family of hobby-grade TX); both vendors include worldwide free shipping at that price. They're a good intermediate step between coaxials and collective pitch; they are a toy heli for sure, but they carry every part to fix them, so kindof blurring the lines between toy and hobby grades.

The V922 is WL Toys first foray into Collective Pitch and hobby-grade helis; IMO, they're made as well as an mCPX, and the firmware's right up there around as good as the brushed mCPX. The TX is barely better than toy grade, though the heli binds to FR Sky, so there are a lot of folks flying them with the Turnigy 9X-9XR and the FrSky RF module.The above vendors typically have them around US$100; right now theyre US$94 from banggood and US$113 from TMart, as they're shipping from within the USA for USA customers.

If you're already flying collective pitch, the V911 will be boring except as something to play with indoors. The V922 will fly well indoors and outdoors, and should be up to most any 3D you can throw at it. Of course, the wind will toss it around like a leaf, but experienced pilots can still surf that. ;)

Good reviews and discussion of both can be found here:

V911:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904964

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027

V922:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795419

mnem
*The ToyMaster*

Great post answered everything i needed to know, very valuable info from RCgroups. i think i am going to order the V922 looks like a nice little heli to play around with, also the collective pitch factor kinda sold me if only it were brush-less. Think it best after what i read to stay away from the V911 leaning too much on the toy side. I wonder how the v922 handles crashes.

@ingleburn yeah i would say a combination of both the shipping fees are almost more then what you want to buy. Not too long ago i was going to order an HK-600gt from hobbyking the shipping alone came close to $90 so i of course did not do it. The South African postal service has never been great it is like playing roulette when you order something. For example remember i said i ordered an HK-450v2....well it still hasn't arrived so i continue to hold thumbs. Some lowly paid postal worker probably took it home to his son thinking he was such a cool dad and his son is probably like "Dad how do i fly this, what is this? considering it is only a bare kit haha...thanks so much for offering to help much appreciated but i think it is best you do not as the risk is too high.
i do eventually get what i want it just takes a long time.

Jonathan

rikybob 06-21-2013 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

ORIGINAL: mnemennth

The V911 is a very small, 1S/120mah powered 4CH fixed pitch heli with flybar. You can buy them from banggood.com and TMart.com for US$35-40 RTF and US$20-25 BNF (Will bind to Turnigy 9X-9XR, etc family of hobby-grade TX); both vendors include worldwide free shipping at that price. They're a good intermediate step between coaxials and collective pitch; they are a toy heli for sure, but they carry every part to fix them, so kindof blurring the lines between toy and hobby grades.

The V922 is WL Toys first foray into Collective Pitch and hobby-grade helis; IMO, they're made as well as an mCPX, and the firmware's right up there around as good as the brushed mCPX. The TX is barely better than toy grade, though the heli binds to FR Sky, so there are a lot of folks flying them with the Turnigy 9X-9XR and the FrSky RF module.The above vendors typically have them around US$100; right now theyre US$94 from banggood and US$113 from TMart, as they're shipping from within the USA for USA customers.

If you're already flying collective pitch, the V911 will be boring except as something to play with indoors. The V922 will fly well indoors and outdoors, and should be up to most any 3D you can throw at it. Of course, the wind will toss it around like a leaf, but experienced pilots can still surf that. ;)

Good reviews and discussion of both can be found here:

V911:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904964

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027

V922:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1795419

mnem
*The ToyMaster*

Great post answered everything i needed to know, very valuable info from RCgroups. i think i am going to order the V922 looks like a nice little heli to play around with, also the collective pitch factor kinda sold me if only it were brush-less. Think it best after what i read to stay away from the V911 leaning too much on the toy side. I wonder how the v922 handles crashes.

@ingleburn yeah i would say a combination of both the shipping fees are almost more then what you want to buy. Not too long ago i was going to order an HK-600gt from hobbyking the shipping alone came close to $90 so i of course did not do it. The South African postal service has never been great it is like playing roulette when you order something. For example remember i said i ordered an HK-450v2....well it still hasn't arrived so i continue to hold thumbs. Some lowly paid postal worker probably took it home to his son thinking he was such a cool dad and his son is probably like ''Dad how do i fly this, what is this? considering it is only a bare kit haha...thanks so much for offering to help much appreciated but i think it is best you do not as the risk is too high.

Jonathan

Jonathan,

Is there UPS or FedEx over there??

b

helicrazedout 06-21-2013 11:11 AM

@rikybob there is but they seem to be a bit on the expensive side, you might have a point though i should look into it more closely. Also i did not see those options when i was trying to order from hobbyking :D

helicrazedout 06-21-2013 11:17 AM

sorry funny story i wanted to share quick. i sold my Thundercat 31 boat today (gonna buy an electric boat soon) anyway i had to ship it to a guy that was 650km away so i went to posnet and got shipping quotes. DHL offered to ship it for R3019. about $300...which is more then i got for the dam boat hahaha[X(][X(] so i ended up going with a South African courier company that charged me R550 or about $55

rikybob 06-21-2013 12:56 PM

Yah, some crazy @ S S mod over there gave me a "demerit" b/c I +1'd Ingleburn. Says I "cursed" or some such simply by quoting Ingleburn. Of course all the others that quoted him got bupkiss! I've NEVER got a demerit before but I'll take this one!:D

So's I says to myself, "Self, even though many folks find his snotty, abusive behavior acceptable, I don't!" and proceeded to call his self out on it.[:'(]

He needs to learn manners, pure and simple.[:@]

If he spoke to me the ITRW the way he does on the forums, well lets say he would only do it once.:)

Bad behavior is bad behavior.

Dick.

b

ingleburn 06-21-2013 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: helicrazedout

@ingleburn yeah i would say a combination of both the shipping fees are almost more then what you want to buy. Not too long ago i was going to order an HK-600gt from hobbyking the shipping alone came close to $90 so i of course did not do it. The South African postal service has never been great it is like playing roulette when you order something. For example remember i said i ordered an HK-450v2....well it still hasn't arrived so i continue to hold thumbs. Some lowly paid postal worker probably took it home to his son thinking he was such a cool dad and his son is probably like "Dad how do i fly this, what is this? considering it is only a bare kit haha...thanks so much for offering to help much appreciated but i think it is best you do not as the risk is too high.

Jonathan
Yeah I just checked the AUS POST website and postage over to there is a bit on the high side. auspost.com.au/apps/international-parcel.html
The prices on that page are for up to 1 Kg. Now take HK for example. A 1 Kg parcel sent registered air mail to here is only $18.

So Tom shut down his thread. The problem with bullies is they dont like to get poked back. Never mind he has a lot of other threads to continue his behaviour.
Yeah I got a warning as well. 1 point I think and 10 points will give you a 1 month ban. How many other threads has he got.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ey/msn/lol.gif

If I ever get a Mobius I pray to god I never have a problem with it. Might be a long wait for an answer.
<br type="_moz" />

ahamay 06-21-2013 05:30 PM

ORIGINAL: rikybob

Yah, some crazy @ S S mod over there gave me a "demerit" b/c I +1'd Ingleburn. Says I "cursed" or some such simply by quoting Ingleburn. Of course all the others that quoted him got bupkiss! I've NEVER got a demerit before but I'll take this one!:D
So's I says to myself, "Self, even though many folks find his snotty, abusive behavior acceptable, I don't!" and proceeded to call his self out on it.[:'(]
He needs to learn manners, pure and simple.[:@]
If he spoke to me the ITRW the way he does on the forums, well lets say he would only do it once.:)
Bad behavior is bad behavior.
Dick.
b
Cranky Franky closes threads when he doesn't want too many off topic discussions going on or if his forum etiquitte is not being followed. Once they all get over themselves it will be all good again. The new mobius thread is turning to b i t c h fighting already and the camera has not even been released yet.
<br type="_moz" />

ahamay 06-21-2013 05:38 PM

<span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0);">New Thread Alert </span>-&gt; as per prevoius discussion about the sub standard forum performance, a new thread has been created. Please don't post in this thread any more. Follow this link to the new thread and dn't forget to subscribe to the new thread as well.

<a href="http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11549900/anchors_11549900/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#11549900">http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_11...m.htm#11549900
</a>
Jonesy

Intensely Calm 02-07-2014 05:49 PM

mnemennth,

Just ran across your post (RE: HK-450GT CCPM Alloy T-Rex compatible - Part III / 05-16-2013) referencing the 9x and the Spectrum Integrated Air Modules you modified...
I am currently looking to set up an Any Link, in a module (the Spectrum Integrated Air cases look perfect) that I can use with my 9x.

Unfortunately, I've had little luck finding reliable info on taking the PCB from the Any Link and fitting it to a Module enclosure.
It appears the dimensions will jive, but I would like to hear how you set up the connection point between the Module and the receiver.

I hope to set my version up as a true "plug-n-play" type module, similar to what you appear to have done.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Intensely Calm