RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   T-Rex heli (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/)
-   -   T-rex 450 SE vs HDX 450 SE (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/t-rex-heli-435/4417334-t-rex-450-se-vs-hdx-450-se.html)

ranger175rgr 06-22-2006 12:04 AM

T-rex 450 SE vs HDX 450 SE

be thinking of buying the HDX 450 but havent found a whole lot of info on it to compare to the T-rex. anyone out there have any opions?

Flytoolow 06-22-2006 06:17 AM

RE: T-rex 450 SE vs HDX 450 SE

By the looks of it, if you get the 450 SE there are kits for it. Where as if you go with the HDE SE it's all parts that you need to find and put together. I just got my 450 SE with ECCPM and love it. And when I get the money I am going to upgrade my Rappy 30 to ECCPM.

Good luck with your decisions.

Ron

ranger175rgr 06-22-2006 09:29 PM

hey ron i was acually talking about the HDX 450 SE from heli direct. looks just like a trex se but they say they took all of the short comings out of the trex and made this. just woundering if anyone out there know any thing about it.

dave

ultraviolet 06-24-2006 01:06 PM

The 450 HDX appears to be a cheaper knockoff. The problem with knockoffs is they
usually cut corners on product quality and manufacturing in an attempt to undercut
the competition on price.

The T - Rex is a proven platform backed up with solid manufacturing experience. Align
is not a cheap Taiwan CNC job shop.

My 2c

:D

WhtBronco 06-24-2006 01:48 PM

There's more info on the HDX at runryder.com. It's a nice heli from what I have read. However, I am not sure it's much of an improvement over the Trex SE. It's mostly a redesigned chassis from what I can tell.

cptnshred 07-03-2006 08:57 AM

I almost bought the HDX. Looks like a great package. They've basically taken some of the best aftermarket parts and built a complete heli around them. I've been buying kits from RC-Expert.com. It's really a great value, and I just couldn't pass up all the extra goodies you get when you buy there. If it weren't for the deals at Rc-expert, however, I'd buy the HDX over the SE any day.

mcfast 07-03-2006 10:39 PM

Hi, I got a T-REX, way over rated!!!!!!!!! I did not like it at all!!!! so I soled it and got a
3DX-450-PRO it is like the HDX 450 SE but a little different and it flies great!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!

rcxm 09-05-2006 01:10 PM

i bought this pro version too
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...hdx-450/Detail

more advanced 120 degree eccpm frame .

oldschool269 09-08-2006 11:12 AM

ORIGINAL: ultraviolet

Align is not a cheap Taiwan CNC job shop.

My 2c

:D

LOL"s thats exactly what Align is mate !!!! LOL's

thats just funny
if they wernt , then they would charge what JR do to make a heli !!!! and few would fly them ...
]

Let us know what the kit goes together like , i have heard great things about the head etc. and the 10 bearing tail setup looks like a brilliant design , but whats the final fit & finish like ??
Jason

zxcvcxz 09-08-2006 02:55 PM

can someone point me to a place that details the set up of a futaba 6EXA for a T-Rex 450SE?

or if anyone here can help me my setup is:

Align T-rex 450SE
Futaba 6EXA tx
Futaba FP-R127PF FM dual conversion 7C rx
Hitec HS-65MG servos x3
Futaba S9650 digi tail servo
Futaba GY401 gyro
Align 430L brushless motor
Align 35G ESC

thanks in advance.

ranger175rgr 09-08-2006 06:02 PM

Look for the Finles Bob videos, they will run you through the set up of the heli and he uses the same raido as you i belive. Helifreak.com has a whole section on it.

Dave

Intrepid175 09-23-2006 12:15 PM

I just bought an HDX 450 after seeing one that my best flying buddy just bought. I was there for it's maiden flight and it was rock solid right from the first. We were both very impressed. He let me fly is around, nothing fancy, just hovering, a few simple circuits, and a lot of pirouetting. It was very controllable and predictable. So I got one. :)

I bought my kit without the motor or ESC. I already had those. The kit itself was well put together. The only negative is that they shorted me the hardware bag that had the servo to swashplate links so I'm stuck until the replacements arrive. It's a little annoying but no big deal otherwise. One thing I like about the HDX over the T-Rex is the single sided main frames. I've not built a T-Rex but it just seems to me that this is a much easier and less complicated way to go than the T-Rex's stacked frames. The upper and lower rotor mast bearing blocks are act as the servo mounts. It's very clean and simple and the run from the servos to the swashplate is about as straight as any micro heli I've seen. Not that the T-Rex is bad in that regard, I just like the implimentation on the HDX, it's very simple.

The main rotor, washout unit, and swashplate come fully assembled and mounted to the main rotor shaft. The tail rotor gear box with the tail rotor and pitch change mechanism are also full assembled. The quality seems pretty much identical to what I've seen on the T-Rex SE. Without being able to directly compare the two, side by side, I'd say they're the same unit but I not 100% sure of that. The kit doesn't come with any written directions but it does come with a DVD that takes you through the full build process. I like the DVD but would prefer some written directions as well. They go through the build steps somewhat quicker than I can so there's a lot of pausing and reversing of the video to make sure I got whatever I working on right. It works but gets a little tedious after a while. One thing that they do recommend on the DVD is that the builder NOT assume that everything on the rotor head and tail are properly locktited. I checked all the screws on mine and found a couple of them that weren't as tight as I'd prefer but that's all. Everything else was nice and snug. So, at this point, I'm waiting for my missing hardware and will be installing the motor, ESC, receiver and gyro in the mean time.

I'll let you know how it goes when I get it flying!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

oldschool269 09-25-2006 07:36 AM

good review bud,

let us know when you 3D it .. i wanted one of these but ended up with a trex se , just because the L H S stocked gear for it .. and i didnt have to go overseas for everything , but dude , im jelous that (especially the silver) HDX450 kit is just choice.

jason

Intrepid175 09-25-2006 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: oldschool269

good review bud,

let us know when you 3D it .. i wanted one of these but ended up with a trex se , just because the L H S stocked gear for it .. and i didnt have to go overseas for everything , but dude , im jelous that (especially the silver) HDX450 kit is just choice.

jason
Hi Jason,

Will do. My friend has already done some 3D with his. It seems to perform very well in that regard, at least as good as the T-Rex's I've seen. The collective timing is different from the 60/90 size birds he's used to flying so it's taken him a little time to get used to that. On a side note, my friend has been having what we have now discovered to be some transmitter problems. He recently plowed, and I mean "plowed" his HDX from about 40 feet up, nose down, straight into concrete. We were both totally amazed at how well the model took the impact. Of course, all the standard stuff was bent or broken. The cross shaft, main shaft, flybar, etc. He fractured the main frames, thought he could probably repair them with a little CA as they weren't completely broken, just cracked in a couple of places. Ultimately, he chose not to do that. He told me this morning that his cost to rebuild, including both main frames and the rotor blades was between $50 & $60. I think we're going to like flying these! :)

As for me, I'm not as good a 3D pilot but can generally get away with stuff like for/aft cyclic flips. I'll offer whatever impressions I can when I get her flying!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

Heli 1 10-08-2007 09:02 PM

450 hdx build and full flight test report here Enjoy!

http://www.trextuning.com/HD%20V2%20Frame.php

Heli 1 10-11-2007 08:26 PM

G'day all you will find a great build and flight test on the HDX here

http://www.trextuning.com/HD%20V2%20Frame.php

full review

Cheers!
Heli 1

ed321 12-24-2007 12:33 AM

Does anyone know anything about trex eccpm 3dx450 se pro cnc helicopter V4S. I'm thinking of putting a kit together and saw this, and wanted to find out if anyone had any feed back with this kit. The price and specs look good, it also looks like a knockoff of the TRex as well.

http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...-silver/Detail

restinpieces 12-27-2007 04:34 PM

i have a hdx450sev3. got it from mike at ushobbysupply.com. good guy to deal with. he even gave me an extra hardware kit
cause others had been shorted screws. everything went together very nicely. all metal parts look to be good quality. i was all set to get a t-rex450sev2 when i gave the hdx anouther look. i like the g10 material the frame is made from. also, access to servos
seems to be easier.

i went with hitec servos and a logitech 2100t gyro. haven't flown it yet as i'm waiting on the spect. dx6i tx to come out. i'm still learning, so i'll upgrade tail servo later.

the t-rex is still king of the mountain, but for someone on a tight budget ( like somebody i know:eek:), the hdx seems to be a good
choice without having to sacrifice quality. and believe me, i also own a walkera df60, so i know what cheap stuff looks like.[:@]

wingnutt54 07-12-2009 01:31 AM

On CNC heli they sell alot of 3dx stuff I have a t-rex 450 se v2 and a 3dx 450 B with a V4 head and tail. The 3dx b is really a micro heli t-rex frame all t-rex parts for the most part swap over and quality is good. It flies good and as stated in previous post takes crashed as good as anything else. the 3dx b frame is very light compared to the t-rex and the servos mount to alm with machine screws not plastic backers. tail and belt is more open to work on. Battery can bepivoted up and down on tray for CGadjustment.To sum up my rambling it is a great heli comparedto the T-Rex at a very nice price. I have only had experience with the ver B but weatheryou have a big or smallbudget get it you will like it and it will treat you right.</p>

daidrow 07-11-2013 01:31 PM

i have been flying the HDX 450 for 3 years still flies as well as my trex 450 se.
most parts will work on both birds. except the main rotor head, the feathering shaft is a different length. i also have the helimax version of the 450 it also flies about the same as the others. most of the parts from the other 2 also work on this bird. all three have different frames and servo locations, all have 120 degree swashplates i am using a dx6 radio, thinking about trying the new orange 6 channel radio, already have one of the orange receivers.

rcmodelland 12-19-2016 11:40 PM

i have a T-rex 450SE, i recommend it :)
it is good Helicopter for 3D Fly.
http://www.rcecho.com/blog/align-t-r...80-helicopter/