Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

Taipan .15

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Taipan .15

Taipan .15, not ABC, RC carb, no muffler, 7-5" MA GF3 prop, 10% nitro, used side exhaust option instead of rear exh. 18,300 rpm.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:53 PM
downunder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Taipan .15

I generally don't check this topic which is why I'm a bit late here but the Taipan Gold Head doesn't have an option for side exhaust even though it can be assembled that way. The ports only align as rear exhaust.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:00 PM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Maybe you are right. I just looked and it looks like the previous owner milled a new port under what would be the exhaust on the rear, and modified the front one to match the side bypass port. It goes pretty good that waythough. I haven't checked as a rear exh. because it may wear differently. Do you know how the MVVS .15 is supposed to go? The ports match up for a rear exh. but it came with a side exh. muffler. It runs the same rpm either way, even with a fairly bad mismatch.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Mr Cox

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The MVVS can go either way, but you should choose direction before you run it in. They offered different mufflers, one for side and one for rear exhaust.