Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

.25 Shootout

Old 02-19-2017, 11:51 AM
aspeed

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default .25 Shootout

I thought I posted this, but maybe not. Today was quite warm for February at about 12 C but my fingers are still cold. I tried the FP .25 that I made a carb for control line. It is about .190" dia with a sprinkler spigot halfway through the bore. I think it is about the same as an RC carb. 15,400 muffled, and 16,500 open exh. a .25 LA 15,500 no muffler and stock control line carb. Still fairly new. Another older LA .25 is about 16,300 with the RC carb. My FSR .25 is 16,500 and 15,500 muffled. OS AX .25 17,400 no muffler. Norvel .25 16,200 I used an APC and the muffler as it was on a plane. An OS .20 15,000, and a Magnum Pro .28 that was made in Taiwan, which I assume was an older one from T Tiger. It would not run well because of overheating at the bottom of the case, until I polished the crank to remove some material. 17,400. I just got an ASP .28 to try but there was no carb, so that will be another day. I have an FX .25 NIB, and it will stay that way for a while. All motors were the same 8-6 MA prop. Not the thin blade GF3 one. Fuel was 10%. They were mostly checked with no muffler, as I find that more fair for comparison, and I use some for control line. I also open up the outlets on some mufflers, and remove baffles and it is easier to keep track of .