Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

OS FS70 surpass I

Old 11-05-2016, 07:09 AM
SuperNash

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OS FS70 surpass I

Older FS 70 Surpass I.

Apc 13x6.
5% nitro 15% ml70
OS #8 plug
50' alt
10 deg ambient.

10000 steady, couple of clicks rich.
10200 leaned right out at peak.

edit:

I had a Perry shaker pump connected up (not that it makes any difference to the rpm reading). Its the first external pump I've used and I just wanted to have a play with it. The pump flow nut was set around 3/4 turn out from closed.

Adding the pump meant I had to lean out the main needle by about 1/2 turn. The idle needle also needed adjusting, this time rich, by about 1/4 turn. The engine was quite happy with the tank sat between level and 10" below carb. I think the setup could stand a little more adjusting (to close down the pump flow a bit and return the needles closer to standard setting) but it was close enough for a bench run.

Priming was a bit more awkward with the pump. A short burst with the starter got fuel flowing up to the carb and the engine fired as easy as ever once that was done. Nothing unusual for a pump setup, I believe.

Last edited by SuperNash; 11-08-2016 at 01:34 AM. Reason: omitted a couple of details

Search this Thread