Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

ROTO 35 Gasser Tack Readings

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 07:30 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROTO 35 Gasser Tack Readings

These are preliminary reading from the limited time i had at the field today. At first the engine ran rough, but after I fondled the idle and high speed set screws all was fine and I had the oportunity to taxi the plane around the field with awsome authority. The hanger 9 super cub wanted to lift off in a short distance and at 1/3rd throttle. The Roto 35 is mixed with 87oct gasoline @ 1:50 with Blue Marble two stroke oil.

I read for idle 2500rpm, and for top speed I read 6000rpm with a Zinger 18X10 wooden prop. I have a tweakin to do yet so I can get the idle a little smoother and run a little cooler. The was an average temp and I assume but could have been cooler if it were up in the air I am sure, it took a good twenty minutes to burn 3 or 4 onces of fuel with no more than throttle at any point.

Does anyone know what spinner would look right and fit on this engine? This modle of the Roto 35 has the 4 bolt prop hub, but it does have the bolt hole in the center for a spinner. Tru-Turn never replied to my emails.
Old 10-07-2004, 01:44 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: ROTO 35 Gasser Tack Readings

I believe RC Showcase sells single-bolt conversion kit for the prop hub.
Old 10-11-2004, 01:41 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I guess you do have some tweakin to do yet LOL,,, my MVVS 35 gasser turns a Zinger 20-8 "pro" at 7500, I may get a couple hundred more out of it, we stopped tuning at 7500 because it's still new with only 2 gallons run threw it, I would bet your Roto is at-least as powerful as my MVVS,,,

I wanted to buy a Roto 35, but I did not want a rear mounted carb on my first gasser motor.

Jim
Old 10-11-2004, 07:54 PM
BiplaneCrasher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You were wise for not buying the rear carbed 35, but it really was not that bad to deal with as I enjoy the building part of this hobby. Maybe I'll bet it to 7, or 7500 next time out. The RCS web site states that it can spin a 20X10 @ 6600rpm so it should spin this one at least 7500rpm.