Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Moki 2.10

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: <span class=

Hey I just saw you commenting on the weight of airplane for the moki 2.10
    And I got a great deal on a new moki 2.10 and I want to put on a 84inch Katana suggested for 50to 60 cc gas weight 16 to 18 lbs and I think with the right choices I can make this plane weigh 15.5 lbs. My question do you think that this motor with right prop will hang the plane well with plenty of vertical? I have no experience with a Moki engine. Thanks any comments I will be thankful.
    Flying Fred

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: moomaw123

Hey I just saw you commenting on the weight of airplane for the moki 2.10
    And I got a great deal on a new moki 2.10 and I want to put on a 84inch Katana suggested for 50to 60 cc gas weight 16 to 18 lbs and I think with the right choices I can make this plane weigh 15.5 lbs. My question do you think that this motor with right prop will hang the plane well with plenty of vertical? I have no experience with a Moki engine. Thanks any comments I will be thankful.
    Flying Fred
    Fred,

I fly a Hangar 9 Extra 260 at about 13.5lbs with a Moki 2.10. My aircraft has unlimited vertical. I am running a 20x7 Menz. From what I have read the Moki 2.10s achieve around 24lbs of thrust, so I would say you will easily hang at 15.5lbs but pull out will be a little sluggush (read more realistic lol! than a foamie)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its been a few years since I had one but mine was in a Dave Patrick Edge at 15.5 pounds. It had pretty good vertical, not as good as the ZDZ 50 I later put on there but it wasn't bad when it ran right (which was not very often).
    Kevin Lynch
    http://hometown.aol.com/bike466/index.html

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Moki 2.10

Any one tried a Bolly 20x8? what readings did you get?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

im running a vess 20B prop getting 6800 RPM
    and a Xoar 20x8 getting 6600 rpm

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have tried a carbon Mejilk (sp) 20x8 on mine and spins around 7,400 seems week to me.
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I picked up a used 1/3 Pitts special with a Moki 2.10 installed. I Experimented with several props and settled on the Vess 20B for best performance pulling that 20lb Bi-plane through big loops with smoke on! The APC 20x8 turned 7,900 but had less pull in vertical maneuvers, Menz 20x8 turned 6600, and plane lost speed and thrust, Master airscrew 20x6 wood turned 7,300 and flew the Pitts quite well! The Vess 20A turned 7400 and performed similar to the master airscrew. The Vess 20B turned 7200 and has the extra pull needed to haul that high drag airframe through nice big lazy loops, straight up into nice hammerhead stalls, inverted into outside loops etc.... I run S&W 2% nitro, and 15% oil comprised of 1/2 synthetic, and 1/2 castor. Engine head is around 170 deg F. after a 8 minute full throttle aerobatic flight routine. The low end carb adustment disc is 1/16 counter clockwise (rich) of the detent mark.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234