Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

Homelite 55cc Conversion, not bad

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 11:50 PM
flyrc100
My Feedback: (131)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelite 55cc Conversion, not bad

I cut and chopped on a Homelite 330 Chainsaw, and produced what seems to be a dependable engine for 30 Bucks invested+ some Fab time.

Here are the numbers:

Idle 2400

Topend , Zinger 22X10-------------6800

Topend, Master Airscrew 20x10---7800

Starting and Transition are good, I ran it at WOT for a full tank of gas, no problem. Weight is the same as a G-62, cost is 400 bucks less.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:56 AM
DiscoWings
My Feedback: (76)

Default RE: Homelite 55cc Conversion, not bad

thats not bad at all!
what is the weight of the engine?
Old 12-13-2005, 10:20 PM
flyrc100
My Feedback: (131)

Default RE: Homelite 55cc Conversion, not bad

Yup, I was happy. It weighs 5 pounds even on the old digital fish scale. That includes the Pitts muffler and aluminum motor mount. Thats 80 oz's. A G-62 with muffler weighs 84 oz's , not sure if that includes a motor mount or not. I am almost finished with another 330, since I did the engineering on the first one, the second one will take half the time of the first to convert. I will sell it if you are interested.

If you find a 330 and need parts made, holler at me, I sketched the prop hub and pitts muffler up. If you need the flywheel turned, I can do that also. See Picture of finished product attached,......