Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

4 blades prop

Old 09-23-2006, 09:51 AM
waterloged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 blades prop

hello all, I am putting togeather a top flite gold edition 60 size F4U Corsair. I would like to make it as real as possible. Being a ex Marine I naturally want it in USMC version. I am useing either a 120 or 150 four stroke engine, I really would like a four bladed prop on it. I'll probbly use a apc so does anyone have a sugestion on prop size and or even a different make and size prop that will work well on the 120 or 150 4 stroker ??? Thanks in advance.[sm=idea.gif]
Old 09-24-2006, 05:51 PM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: 4 blades prop

I run APC 13.8x10 four-blade props on the YS110 engines that are on my P-61. They turn 8900 RPM on the ground and unload nicely in the air giving excellent performance. The plane weighs in at 23 lbs. I have also tried this combo on my 8 lb Extra and it was very fast and unlimited.

This is the only engine/prop combo that I have seen work well on a 60-size airplane. The extra blades really take a lot of power to spin. The YS110 gives similar performance to a Saito 150 in a much smaller package and it will fit in most 60-size cowls.

I have pics and video posted of the 'Widow flying with the four-blade props. Click on the link and select the video taken at Warbirds Over Valley: [link=http://www.flytrca.org/video1.html]http://www.flytrca.org/video1.html[/link]

Walt
Old 09-24-2006, 06:04 PM
waterloged

Hey thats a gorgeous plane... and thanks for the info. Waterloged
[:-]
Old 09-24-2006, 07:18 PM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks, its been my best effort so far. I've attached a pic taken at the Valley fly-in.

By the way, I am running the engines on 30% heli and with open exhaust pipes to get max power in order to spin the props.

Walt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22838.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	529744