Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enya 120R Tach #'s

My old but brand new 120R finaly got to the break in bench and I poured a lot of fuel through it and after about 2 gallons of run time on 10% and a Sonic Tronics 4 cycle plug, I'm getting 8730 with a wood Master Scimitar 16x6. Sweetheart engine and extremely responsive.
    Fuelman
    Cooper Fuels LLC
    www.cooperfuels.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Enya 120R Tach #'s

I also have a brand new/old R120. It must have taken you awile to run 2 gallons through that engine.

Fuelman, do you have any #'s using APC props on that engine?

Did you tap muffler pressure to pressurize your fueltank?

I ask because my engine muffler is not tapped.

Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

mike,
    During the first couple quarts, I used some high pitch pattern props like 13x13's and 14x12's for airflow because when I was begining to run it in, it was in the 90's outside, I never did tach them. I did tap the muffler for pressure, which helped a lot. I ended up using a very wide blade 16x6 master scimitar because thats what my buddies are using on their Saito 125's on profile fun flys, and thats what I had kicking around. I have a couple 16x6 APC's somewhere, if I can remember to look for them, I'll run it up for a comparison for you. I think on a normal (non fun fly profile) acrobatic plane like an extra or cap or ultimate, this engine would be fantastic with anything from a 15x8, 15x10, 16x6, 16x8. On slicker, faster planes, a 14x10 to 14x14.
    This engine has a lot of grunt to it, much more than my old OS 120 Surpass III and at least as much if not a bit more than the Saito 120's.

I may experiment around a bit with adding a head shim or two to the Enya 120R so it can burn more than 10% nitro because right now, it will not do so and remain friendly.
    Fuelman
    Cooper Fuels LLC
    www.cooperfuels.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Old enya 120R 4C, APC 15x8 O.S F plug, 15/15 synth 9000RPM
    Darn the ground..... and the jumping trees

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Brian, my LHS has a 1.20R, should I grab it.
    Farmall 240 the final issue of the Farmall C, Super C, 200, 230 series.
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dave,
    I love the Enya 4 strokes, so I am quite biased. The thing with muffler pressure runs like a rolex watch on 10% fuel. It is a sweetheart of an engine just like the R155 and all the other Enya 4 strokes I have (several old 90's, 120's, 80's, and a 46).

If you want one, then get one, the quality will not dissappoint you and they do have much more power than the OS 120 Surpass engines (any of them) and sound smoother too.
    Fuelman
    Cooper Fuels LLC
    www.cooperfuels.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thankyou Brian, I'll call him tomorrow.
    Farmall 240 the final issue of the Farmall C, Super C, 200, 230 series.
    122 Cu. In. 22 hp. A small tractor that would do big work due to its 10x36 inch rear tires.

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Here are the tachometer results of my Enya 1.20R on 15% Powermaster.

APC 11X12 = 11,100 rpm
    APC 12X12 = 10,500
    MAS 14X8 = 10,200
    MAS 16X8 = 8,700

Red Baron Mike

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I pulled out my OLD Enya 120R yesterday and mounted it in an airplane. It last ran about 15 years ago when the plane it was flying crashed. I didn't even think it would run.

I fueled it up, choked until it was "sniffly", put on the glow heater, flipped it backwards, and it ran! What a sweet engine.

I had a hard time getting good tach readings, but eventually saw 8600 on a Graupner 14x11. It was smooth, with a WIDE tuning range on the needle valve. I can't think of any good reasons this engine has been in storage for so long!

Brett

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    OLD thread, I know... But I have some information to add..

Enya R120 almost new, ring not broke in - still completely black. Run 3 tanks by previous owner which was NIB to him.

Break-in fuel: 25% castor 5% nitro 70% methanol, (9) 16oz tanks of fuel.
    Glow plug: Fox Idle Bar (hot/med. hot)
    Prop: APC 14x6

After 9 tanks of fuel, Peak RPM on 14x6 APC is 10,600rpm peak. 15x7 APC prop, 8,800rpm peak.

Tank #10:
    Using Enya #3 plug, 10% nitro 20% castor 70% methanol fuel, APC 14x6 prop, 10,770rpm peak.
    Didn't bother with the 15x7 prop on this fuel and plug - It didn't seem to like the bigger prop load (yet).
    GlowHead Brotherhood #3
    Using Dynamite, Enya, Fox, Jett, K&B, SH, Super Tigre, Thunder Tiger, and Traxxas engines.