Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

APC 8x10 prop question

Sorry to ask but can I use an APC 8x10 on a delta wing speed plane. "mach racer"

Its not to snazzy of a plane and it will be flying with a 46ax and since this is my first non-3D/sport plane I am really wondering what prop to throw on the front of it. I keep reading about 9x7, and 9 x 8's but why not this 8x10 on a slippery airframe. I guess I am wondering if I will even be able to get itflying from a hand launch?

Thanks and sorry about the newbie question,
    Dave
    Damn, did YOU see where it landed (#$@$)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: APC 8x10 prop question

Dave,

From experience I can tell you that the OS.46AX can spin an APC 8.75x8.25NN pylon prop, at over 16,000 RPM.
    However, the P-Box muffler disintegrated very shortly and repeatedly. You will see RPM approaching this number.

This was demonstrated on a Diamond Dust delta plane.

You can get to this RPM, but you must substitute the P-Box for a suitable after-market muffler.

This prop will give you very little forward static thrust. I am not sure about a vertical hand launch...
    Dar Zeelon - ISRAEL - ddzeelon@gmail.com
    MVVS - Jett - MS Composit - Rossi - Mejzlik