Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

APC 8x10 prop question

Old 05-20-2007, 03:00 PM
MOJO65-9or10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APC 8x10 prop question

Sorry to ask but can I use an APC 8x10 on a delta wing speed plane. "mach racer"

Its not to snazzy of a plane and it will be flying with a 46ax and since this is my first non-3D/sport plane I am really wondering what prop to throw on the front of it. I keep reading about 9x7, and 9 x 8's but why not this 8x10 on a slippery airframe. I guess I am wondering if I will even be able to get itflying from a hand launch?

Thanks and sorry about the newbie question,
Dave
Old 06-02-2007, 06:02 AM
DarZeelon

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: APC 8x10 prop question

Dave,

From experience I can tell you that the OS.46AX can spin an APC 8.75x8.25NN pylon prop, at over 16,000 RPM.
However, the P-Box muffler disintegrated very shortly and repeatedly. You will see RPM approaching this number.

This was demonstrated on a Diamond Dust delta plane.

You can get to this RPM, but you must substitute the P-Box for a suitable after-market muffler.

This prop will give you very little forward static thrust. I am not sure about a vertical hand launch...