Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Enya .61CX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Enya .61CX

These figures are quoted directly to me from Mr Enya himself.

The performance of .61CX TN
    Propeller 11.5 x 8 APC
    Revolution 10,400~10,500 rpm
    Fuel nitro 15% oil 22%

Bear in mind that this is a .61 motor in a .40 sized case and weighs just 380gm (13.4oz) without muffler. The Muffler Enya Supply weighs in at 124gm (4.4oz)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Enya .61CX

From another thread.

ORIGINAL: LaCerne

...... I've run 3 tanks of 10% nitro with 18% castor synth blend + 3oz castor added per gallon: APC 12X6 hold about 10800 with a steady 2200 -2400 idle. The carb is a 2-needle carb plus an airbleed for idle trim. This seems to be a good combination for getting a good mid-range and idle. Need more time on the engine before it's locked in. So far, so good!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My motor is now averaging 10,800rpm with a Bolly Clubman 12.5x6 prop.

Fuel used is 10% Nitro, 15% Klotz and 5% Castor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Custom, i just finished breaking in my 61cx. It peaked at 10, 500 with an APC 12-7 and runs very smoothly after 60oz of fuel. Idle is at a very low 1800-1900 and transition and midrange are excellent. The build of this thing is really high quality, looks like it should last a very long time.
    Today was very humid and hot (40 celcius with humidex) so i expect to hit 11K+ when the weather cools down and the engine gets some more time.
    Tom G.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RVman

Custom, i just finished breaking in my 61cx. It peaked at 10, 500 with an APC 12-7 and runs very smoothly after 60oz of fuel. Idle is at a very low 1800-1900 and transition and midrange are excellent. The build of this thing is really high quality, looks like it should last a very long time.
    Today was very humid and hot (40 celcius with humidex) so i expect to hit 11K+ when the weather cools down and the engine gets some more time.

---------------

I'd like to see how it fares with larger diameter, low pitched props as used for 3D flying.

I have a Funstar 3D and a Harrier 46 NIB in the garage. If I can get to one of them soon, I'm going to fit the .61 in the nose. Should be a piece of cake, being in a .40 sized crankcase.

Ed Cregger
    \"Practice makes prefect\"

Saito Club Member #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sorry can't help on that one, the plane can't take more than a 12" prop. A 12-8 K series masterairscrew was turning 10500 today in dryer and cooler air.
    Tom G.