Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: needing help

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

needing help

How are you supposed to tune a motor Os 46Ax with a pusher prop when the motor starts to overheat so fast? After running motor for about 1 1/2 mins temp reaches over 300 degrees.
    Do i need to tune it with a reg prop and then make a quick adjustment after putting the pusher prop back on, or should the be about the same??

second part of the question is:
    I want to use a tuned pipe, how do you keep the temp down when the rpm's are going to be so much higher.
    Wingspam

If I make it look easy then your watching the wrong plane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: needing help

It is almost impossible to get an accurate temp reading on glow engines. Plus, your external readings won't mean much regarding what the temps are inside of the engine. It is best to ignore temperature readings and concentrate on propping the engine correctly, and tuning the needle valves. What size pusher prop are you using?
    The ultimate responsibility of pilots is to fulfill the dreams of the countless millions who can only stare skyward...and wish.

"It's a new day for Auburn" - Gus Malzahn