Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS 55 and 15x4 Zinger Pro

OS 55 and 15x4 Zinger Pro Engine has been broken in using OS proceedure; with about 6 flights
    of about 5 min duration. I think it was set up a little richer than normal. Obtained 8900 but very
    sure it will be higher when fully broken in. It is mounted on an Sig Kadet Senior Arf with a
    Dave Brown mount. Took a fair amount of filing on various places to get it to fit.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS 55 and 15x4 Zinger Pro

Wow thats a lot of prop. Unless you are trying to keep the prop noise down, there may be a better prop. Allow me to suggest some comparison data:

......type..........size...........RPM..........HP .........lbs. Thrust cor. for fuse drag.......Pitch speed MPH..........................Muffler

-Zinger Pro----15X4-------8,900------.91--------------------7.07--------------------------33.7-------------------Stock /w baffle
    ----APC-------12X5------12,900-----1.44--------------------7.90--------------------------61.0-------------------Stock /w baffle
    M.A. (S-2)----12X5------13,800-----1.40--------------------7.74--------------------------65.3-------------------Stock /w baffle
    ----APC-------12X5------14,600-----2.09-------------------10.12-------------------------69.1---------------Jett Stream muffler

Static, on the ground numbers.

Note the near double pitch speed with another prop.
    Oooh eee oooh ah ah(the crowd) ting tang walla walla bing bang!(the plane crash)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you want performance you better not follow OS`s advice on props, they always advice WAY to big props. You have your engine struggling with a too big propeller and may possibly fry due to heat build up. It would be much happier if allowed to rev 10K and upwards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Way too much prop 8900 is way to low for that engine
    land of the FREE: you\'re free to get a JOB not a handout.
    home of the BRAVE: they paid for it and you\'re enjoying it

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 55AX does seem to be very happy at 10,000 rpm, dont think I would run it any lower.