Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Need tachometer recommendation

I have a GloBee tach and it is difficlt to get it to read in bright sunlight. I would like to hear what experience everyone is having with various brands of tachometers. I hold the tach about 12 to 15" behing the prop and try changing angles to get a reading. I just seem to take too long to lock on and get steady.

So Let's hear it - What works well??

RE: Need tachometer recommendation

I used a GloBee for three maybe four years and it worked fine, it broke, (or some might suggest that I killed it by leaving it in the sun and ruining the LCD).
    It was replaced with a Tower Hobbies branded tach and it works fine too.
    Since you specifically mention bright sunlight causing a problem maybe orientation of the tach relative to the background is causing a problem.
    When the sun is behind me I have to make sure that the sky is the background that the tach "sees" instead of the ground.
    Regards,
    Charlie

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Need tachometer recommendation

I use the TNC tach with great success. I usually have the tach on the top of my wing and have no problem getting a reading in all sorts of light conditions. You can find it here http://fromeco.org/Products/05FRCTNC/Default.aspx
    AMA 6256
    RCCA 812