Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

A few diesel readings

PAW 149DS on APC 8x4: 11000
    As above on APC 7x6: 11000
    (I'm not sure how healthy this motor is - it tends to vibrate regardless of the prop on it, and also revs a bit unevenly. Anyone have any idea whether 11000 is reasonable?)

PAW .15DS on APC 9x4: 10800

Replica Oliver Tiger MkII on APC 9x4: 12000 (just finished running in, so maybe a bit more to come)

Unfortunately this was all on a commercial fuel of unknown proportions - when I get hold of some ether I'll mix up some of my own and run them again.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: A few diesel readings

Your readings seem reasonable.
    11k on a 1.5cc PAW seems good for that engine - it is an older engine.
    The 2.5 on the 9x4 prop may be a bit over propped? I have a PAW 2.5GTS I have run a wood TF8x5 on for break in and getting 12,600 and she is a fingerbitter[:@]

The Ollie is impressive!
    Space Available

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 2.5 on the 9x4 prop may be a bit over propped?
    It always seemed happy enough on the 9x4, which is pretty much in the middle of PAW's recommended range. Sadly the big end and crankpin failed recently for reasons unknown (possible a hard life before I bought it 2nd hand), but I'm not blaming the prop.

Currently available on ebay are a PAW 249 which has been run on a 10x6, and a 149 which has been run on a 9x5. Now that might be getting a bit overpropped!

The Ollie is impressive!
    First flight this weekend, on an 18oz, 310 sq.in. CL stunter. Should be interesting!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've read such good things about the cs ollies I may be tempted.

I guess you are right on the 9x4.

Chevy 43 has had very good results flying a PAW tbr .15 and .19 and I think he is flying a 10x4.5 on the .19?

I was reading the thread on Barton Forum on the PAW GTS 2.5 and finally got around to trying a 7x6 on mine and was rewarded with a screaming 16,500rpm
    Space Available

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've read such good things about the cs ollies I may be tempted
    My Tiger isn't actually a CS - back in the late 80s an Aussie had his Mk2 replicated and a batch manufactured in China; mine is one of them. I understand the CS is a Mk3 replica (and that a good one is well worth having). Mine is certainly extremely easy to start and run, and should put out enough power for my purposes.

Chevy 43 has had very good results flying a PAW tbr .15 and .19 and I think he is flying a 10x4.5 on the .19?
    I've just got a new 19BR to replace my defunct 15 (I could repair it but the cost of replacement parts is about 50% of the cost of a brand new 19BR). Currently running it in on a 10 x 4 - early days yet, but it's turning about 10000 so should hopefully be a good one.

I was reading the thread on Barton Forum on the PAW GTS 2.5 and finally got around to trying a 7x6 on mine and was rewarded with a screaming 16,500rpm
    [X(] Now that is impressive! Any idea what it will do with an 8x4?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I get about 10k on a 9x4 MAS on a TBR .09 or .149 TBR RC engine.
    The plain bering .09 does 9,300 on a 9x4 MAS.

I get about 10,400 on a 10x4 MAS on a PAW .19BR

I get 11,800 on a 9.5x4.5 APC on the TBR .19 with a Super Tiger twin needle carb with a mufler pressure tap.

HTH,

Treven

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Treven

Sounds like my 19BR should be in the ballpark once I get it run in.

Cheers

Steve

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

May as well join in the fun here with some readings of my PAWs, run with Steve111 present.

PAW 19 DS-3, Bolly 9.5x6 - 9,600 - 9,750. Impressive considering it could only manage 9,200 with a MA 9x6.
    My original 19 DS, now resurrected and sporting a Taipan compression screw fitted by David Owen, manages 10,000 on the same prop. I've had it since Christmas 1981. It always was a very nice engine, and it sure is nice to have it back running :-)

When I ran my MARZ 2.5D (Taipan 9x4) it sounded to be just a bit down on Steve's Olly. It was too dark to tach it, but I'm guessing it was in the 11,500 range.

cheers,
    Colin