Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

Fox .50 (where the Fox´s fans?)

Old 09-29-2008, 02:38 PM
MatheusC20XE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fox .50 (where the Fox´s fans?)

Hi friend!

Here are the result (that i liked! push much more than OS 55AX of my friend in the same prop) of my Fox .50 that has only one tank of run:

13.600rpm with 11x6 MAS prop.

Richs&Brew 10% nitro fuel.
Fox Miracle plug.
Everything stock, except of bell mouth polish that i made in the carb.

I really enjoyed this engine. If somebody that likes Fox engines want´s to talk about parts and maintance, please, write to me.

cheers!
Old 09-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fox .50 (where the Fox´s fans?)

You might have trouble with 10% nitro fuel and that hot plug, especially in the summer. I find that it will run fine on 10% in the winter, but it will ping in the summer and run hot. I use 5% fuel and an OS #8 right now, though it runs fine on a Fox R/C plug as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:33 AM
MatheusC20XE

Thank you for the info.

I was think the compressio ratio of this engine is low, because has less compressio than my Fox ABC .40.

I really enjoyed the miracle plug. The start is very easy (just single try and run), low fuel consumption, high output.. very good result..

Do you know the max power rpm of this engine? 12.000, 13.000, 14.000rpm?

It´s will help me choose the correct prop to match the max power rpm.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm getting about the same power, but mine is a bit over the hill and using lower nitro. I think you should get about 14,000 when it is broken in. Less with 5%, I think there is a low compression version, not sure, not mine. But you really can't tell with a new engine, the compression ratio has noting to do with the ring seal, and it may have as much or more compression when broken in. Compression leakage may be why it is running well on 10% as well.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:01 AM
MatheusC20XE

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

I'm getting about the same power, but mine is a bit over the hill and using lower nitro. I think you should get about 14,000 when it is broken in. Less with 5%, I think there is a low compression version, not sure, not mine. But you really can't tell with a new engine, the compression ratio has noting to do with the ring seal, and it may have as much or more compression when broken in. Compression leakage may be why it is running well on 10% as well.

thank you for the experience!

I see that compression is increasing tank by tank.. but i continuos using 10% of nitro because is a more popular fuel overhere (more cheap and easy to find). But, i will change the miracle plug (i really enjoyed this plug, the idle can run very low for this mild to high performance engine, not to easy to see) for a colder one, maybe OS A8, just to prevent detonation.

I will post some pictures of my Fox engines so soon..
Old 10-10-2008, 05:53 PM
MatheusC20XE

Here you can see my moded Fox inlet (velocity stack):
http://img262.imageshack.us/my.php?i...50inletra8.jpg

The rest of pictures of my Fox engines is here:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_33...page_15/tm.htm