Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Fuji BT 24A

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fuji BT 24A

Engine setup stock. 2 gallons fuel through it, tuned for flight running 40-1 Troy-Bilt senthetic.
    Top Flite 18-6 Wood 6900
    Xoar 17-7 Wood 7000
    MAS 16-8 Wood Scimitar 7100
    MAS Nylon 18-6 Clasic 6150 Heavy prop for this engine.
    Will try a wood 18-8 next but I don't have one yet.

Pat

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fuji BT 24A

[:-]I've Got this engine on Carl Goldberg 67" YAK 54. Flew a few Flights with APC 17 X 6 Prop. Going Try APC 16 X 7 or 16 X 8 see if I get Unlimited Vertical and faster engine spoil up. Engine has Great Power and I Just Need Dial in the Prop for this Airplane. Did You do any Thrust measurement? What Airframe You Flying it on? I haven't Tached Mine since it had Great Thrust on the Ground. Climbing Straight Up is where see how well that Prop Pulls and also Hovering and pulling out Hover.
    richgrow
    HTML

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fuji BT 24A

The engine lives in a BUSA 1/4 scale Fokker Dr1 that weights 15 Lbs. It flys very well with a TF 18-6 prop. A MAS 17-8 scimitar did OK but the 18-6 seems to fly better. Have not done thrust testing.
    I have played with a Performance Calculater on line that says a 18" prop at 6900 it good for about 13Lbs thrust.

Pat