Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

APC prop change...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2003, 06:50 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default APC prop change...

Hi,

Wow, I just changed from an 11 x 7.5 Master Airscrew that I had on my Fox Eagle .61 for break in, to an APC 12 x 7. I gained almost 2 lbs. of thrust!! Amazing! I can't wait to fly it again. (It tached around 10500 with the APC, but I think this will improve with more running as this is a ringed engine with very little time on it.) How much of an increase in power do you guys notice after a ringed engine gets really broken in?

This analyzing props/engines is fun and there is definitely a lot to be gained. If you don't have them, get a tach, a scales, and start experimenting! The various thrust/horsepower programs are interesting to play with as well.

Thanks,

AV8TOR