Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Fox Eagle IV .61

Ran my Fox Eagle IV .61 today for the first time. On 5% Omega with a MA 11X8 and a Fox Miracle plug it ran 12,750 rpm. I also ran my Tower .75 with the same fuel and prop and got 12,800 rpm. I have always read about the Fox Eagle as being a strong engine for it's class. The weight of these two engines with the stock mufflers is very close with the Tower being about .5 ounce heavier.

Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Fox Eagle IV .61

Wow Bill, that's a very strong engine! That's about what most older sixties do with an 11x7.

Thanks for the numbers.

David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bill, if you go back a few years, MAN ran a .60 engine ShootOut and the Fox .60 won it handily followed closely by the LA .65. I run a Graupner 12x8 on my Fox .60 which it turns at 11,000 rpm on Fox 5% fuel with 20% castor lube. And, if y0ou'll notice, the engine is nearly electric motor smooth. The Fox bested some fine engine in that shoot out.
    Case 570 Diesel, 188.4 Cu. In. HP==36 @ 1,900 RPM, CR 17.5 to 1. Bore==3.8125, Stroke==4.125

As competition improves products, the differences between them get smaller and smaller

Club Saito member #5

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

would you happen to have a link to the results or the year it cam out in to see if i still have that issue?
    \"Propellers are notorious for inflicting serious bodily harm while vigorously defending their space\" George Aldrich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The May 2003 issue of Model Airplane News had the engine shootout. I have found the article online before but it wasn't complete.

Bill