Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: OS10 FSR

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS10 FSR

Running Byrons 15% a Master Airscrew 7X3 3series and an OS #8 plug. Managed 16,500. And with a 5.5X3 APC it went 20,000.[sm=lol.gif]
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: OS10 FSR

Here's a thread on the "fake" case:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8217055/tm.htm

David

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Dave. I don't remember taking out the liner. No I'm certain I didn't , just gave it a good cleaning. Might have to do that some day. But it was in such great shape I didn't do much to it at all. Kinda knocked the dust off and run it.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just rebuilt mine by stripping it down and cleaning every bit of crud off it inside and out making sure all the oil groves and holes were clean.

Fuel was 15% nitro 15% cooolpower 70% methanol (YS DZ170cdi brew) with an extra 10% castor added to the brew. I'll make up some proper fuel later when I get some more methanol.

Prop 7x4 APC, very old OS #8 plug, best static rpm 15,850....

PS. Control line version bought at a flea market in the late 80's that did years of service pulling up my 2.5M glider when I was a kid.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine got sold. somebody offered me enough that Iwas able to buy a brand new Thunder Tiger GP10 and put cash in my pocket.
    The GP10 is really sweet and a good replacement for the OS10, gives up 15,400 on an APC7X4 still breaking in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used the OS 10 FSR R/C as a place to put my Quarter Midget props that I "improved" a little too much. I found the the best performance was around 18K 18.5K rpm on the ground. Where are you guys finding the peak power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Konrad, are you actually flying with any of these or are you just using electric stuff?

I've never seen them as nothing but mild sport engine and I'm getting about 14500rpm on the RC version (if I remember correctly) on a 7x4 MAS and 10% nitro, 20% castor. I have tried 0% nitro too but the compression ratio is a little low and there is no low end adjustment on the carb either, it runs but misses a little.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi!
    The FP .10 is much more powerfull!
    Jan Karlsson - Supplier MVVS Products

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is not really the point of this thread, no one has questioned the power of the FP or claimed that the FSR is the best engine ever made.
    The FP is a very different design, but please give some numbers on a similar prop and fuel.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'll bump this up.  I got the FP .10 at 17,200 with a 7-4 MA 10% no muffler, and the LA .10 17,500 no muffler, 18,000 with a .005" shim.  The LA  was 16,200 stock shim and with muffler.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

can you post some pics of the FSR 10 it has been a long time since i seen one? lol
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Post #2 has a reference to a fake case .10.  I don't know if it is an FSR or not.  It kind of looks like an FP.  I don't have an FSR myself.  I didn't even know there was one.  They had an old loop scavenged one but I don't think that was it.
    Glow Head Hood # 7

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The OS PET was loop scavanged, while the later FSR is schneurle (iron/steel) and after that came the FP (early ones can be iron/steel but later ones are ABN) and the latest is the LA (also ABN). The FSR has a failry large boost port, it is then smaller going to the FP and then none on the LA (don't have one myself though).

The "fake" port/bulge on the case just gives them something to put the logo on, that's all. The real ports are rotated compared to the outside of the case, this also shows from the position of the exhaust port.

Here are some pictures with the FSR to the left (in both pictures) and the FP to the right. The FSR lacks an adjustable airbleed, but has the bulge for it...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp43450.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	1770651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Id97003.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	1770652