Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OS 61 FSR-ABC

15% nitro 11x7 APC stock muffler 12700rpm(seal level) Same fuel, same prop, modified stock muffler 13300

any one else still use these engines?

This a very well run, past its prime OS engine..I won it on ebay ... Upon changing the bearings i noticed the sleeve has some deep grooves in it, i can actually see the brass in the sleeve. but seems to run well on the bench...my goal is to pipe it one of these days.
    \"Propellers are notorious for inflicting serious bodily harm while vigorously defending their space\" George Aldrich

RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC

Yes, I have one and have been using for 25 years. It is a great engine and mine right now is in a Sig Kadet Senior. I am running it rich and it is ultra reliable.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

hi if you are looking at the brass in the lineryou have worn through the chromeit is time for a new piston and liner- once that starts it is a self distruction modethe liner will sand paper itself to death in a short timedo not put this engine on a pipe until you replace the liner the problem is you can buy a new engine for the cost of a piston and liner parts would be hard to find for that engine -i would return the engine to the person who sold it to you if you still canas you bought a very used up enginei have done this many times when i paid with paypal as they stand behind the sale-you can even ask the seller to pay return shipping if he misrepresented the itemGOOD LUCKENJOY REGARDS TONY
    \" The power and performance glo fuel , 15 % Morgan Omega \"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tony0707

hi if you are looking at the brass in the lineryou have worn through the chromeit is time for a new piston and liner- once that starts it is a self distruction modethe liner will sand paper itself to death in a short timedo not put this engine on a pipe until you replace the liner the problem is you can buy a new engine for the cost of a piston and liner parts would be hard to find for that engine -i would return the engine to the person who sold it to you if you still canas you bought a very used up enginei have done this many times when i paid with paypal as they stand behind the sale-you can even ask the seller to pay return shipping if he misrepresented the itemGOOD LUCKENJOY REGARDS TONY

i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
    \"Propellers are notorious for inflicting serious bodily harm while vigorously defending their space\" George Aldrich

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie
    i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
    It's on it's way...
    Don\'\'t just stand there, go get some glue!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie
    It's on it's way...

great!! ill probably put it away for a while...its gonna be hard to devirginize that motor, its so beautiful and very rare in my opinion. Its for a GP Tiporare thats half built.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I had one in the 90's. I milled the exhaust port for 170 degree duration, then it would turn an 11-7 APC an honest 15,000/15% nitro. Enjoy yours, I wish that I still had mine.
    West Coast Regional Director- Classic Pattern Association
    Team Tailwinds
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #162
    2014 NSRCA District 7 Advanced Champion