Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

OS 61 FSR-ABC

Reply
Old 12-31-2009, 12:55 AM
  #1
MetallicaJunkie
Thread Starter
 
MetallicaJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Donna, TX
Posts: 5,436
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default OS 61 FSR-ABC

15% nitro 11x7 APC stock muffler 12700rpm(seal level) Same fuel, same prop, modified stock muffler 13300

any one else still use these engines?


This a very well run, past its prime OS engine..I won it on ebay ... Upon changing the bearings i noticed the sleeve has some deep grooves in it, i can actually see the brass in the sleeve. but seems to run well on the bench...my goal is to pipe it one of these days.
MetallicaJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
  #2
landeck
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Sandy Springs, GA GA
Posts: 1,710
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC

Yes, I have one and have been using for 25 years. It is a great engine and mine right now is in a Sig Kadet Senior. I am running it rich and it is ultra reliable.

Bruce
landeck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 PM
  #3
tony0707
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Inverness, FL
Posts: 935
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC

hi if you are looking at the brass in the lineryou have worn through the chromeit is time for a new piston and liner- once that starts it is a self distruction modethe liner will sand paper itself to death in a short timedo not put this engine on a pipe until you replace the liner the problem is you can buy a new engine for the cost of a piston and liner parts would be hard to find for that engine -i would return the engine to the person who sold it to you if you still canas you bought a very used up enginei have done this many times when i paid with paypal as they stand behind the sale-you can even ask the seller to pay return shipping if he misrepresented the itemGOOD LUCKENJOY REGARDS TONY
tony0707 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:10 AM
  #4
MetallicaJunkie
Thread Starter
 
MetallicaJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Donna, TX
Posts: 5,436
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC

Quote:
ORIGINAL: tony0707

hi if you are looking at the brass in the lineryou have worn through the chromeit is time for a new piston and liner- once that starts it is a self distruction modethe liner will sand paper itself to death in a short timedo not put this engine on a pipe until you replace the liner the problem is you can buy a new engine for the cost of a piston and liner parts would be hard to find for that engine -i would return the engine to the person who sold it to you if you still canas you bought a very used up enginei have done this many times when i paid with paypal as they stand behind the sale-you can even ask the seller to pay return shipping if he misrepresented the itemGOOD LUCKENJOY REGARDS TONY

i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
MetallicaJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
  #5
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
 
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Somewhere In, NC
Posts: 1,565
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC


Quote:
ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie
i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
It's on it's way...
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
  #6
MetallicaJunkie
Thread Starter
 
MetallicaJunkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Donna, TX
Posts: 5,436
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC


Quote:
ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken


Quote:
ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie
i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
It's on it's way...

great!! ill probably put it away for a while...its gonna be hard to devirginize that motor, its so beautiful and very rare in my opinion. Its for a GP Tiporare thats half built.....
MetallicaJunkie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
  #7
KLXMASTER14
 
KLXMASTER14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 971
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC

I had one in the 90's. I milled the exhaust port for 170 degree duration, then it would turn an 11-7 APC an honest 15,000/15% nitro. Enjoy yours, I wish that I still had mine.
KLXMASTER14 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:35 AM.