Community
Search
Notices
Tachometer Readings Post your tachometer readings for your motor in here or ask others what they are getting out of their motor/prop combos!

OS 61 FSR-ABC

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 12:55 AM
MetallicaJunkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OS 61 FSR-ABC

15% nitro 11x7 APC stock muffler 12700rpm(seal level) Same fuel, same prop, modified stock muffler 13300

any one else still use these engines?

This a very well run, past its prime OS engine..I won it on ebay ... Upon changing the bearings i noticed the sleeve has some deep grooves in it, i can actually see the brass in the sleeve. but seems to run well on the bench...my goal is to pipe it one of these days.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 PM
landeck
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: OS 61 FSR-ABC

Yes, I have one and have been using for 25 years. It is a great engine and mine right now is in a Sig Kadet Senior. I am running it rich and it is ultra reliable.

Bruce
Old 01-03-2010, 12:00 PM
tony0707

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi if you are looking at the brass in the lineryou have worn through the chromeit is time for a new piston and liner- once that starts it is a self distruction modethe liner will sand paper itself to death in a short timedo not put this engine on a pipe until you replace the liner the problem is you can buy a new engine for the cost of a piston and liner parts would be hard to find for that engine -i would return the engine to the person who sold it to you if you still canas you bought a very used up enginei have done this many times when i paid with paypal as they stand behind the sale-you can even ask the seller to pay return shipping if he misrepresented the itemGOOD LUCKENJOY REGARDS TONY
Old 01-04-2010, 07:10 AM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: tony0707

hi if you are looking at the brass in the lineryou have worn through the chromeit is time for a new piston and liner- once that starts it is a self distruction modethe liner will sand paper itself to death in a short timedo not put this engine on a pipe until you replace the liner the problem is you can buy a new engine for the cost of a piston and liner parts would be hard to find for that engine -i would return the engine to the person who sold it to you if you still canas you bought a very used up enginei have done this many times when i paid with paypal as they stand behind the sale-you can even ask the seller to pay return shipping if he misrepresented the itemGOOD LUCKENJOY REGARDS TONY

i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie
i'm gonna keep it after all...it runs like a little devil.....its richend to 13100 on apc 11x7 and run flawlessly...compression is great...its a great lil engine///// im gonna save the tuned piping for this engine....i should receive it any day this week http://image2-1.rcuniverse.com/e1//m...635-0-8581.jpg NIB
It's on it's way...
Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 PM
MetallicaJunkie

ORIGINAL: AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken

ORIGINAL: MetallicaJunkie
It's on it's way...

great!! ill probably put it away for a while...its gonna be hard to devirginize that motor, its so beautiful and very rare in my opinion. Its for a GP Tiporare thats half built.....
Old 01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
KLXMASTER14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had one in the 90's. I milled the exhaust port for 170 degree duration, then it would turn an 11-7 APC an honest 15,000/15% nitro. Enjoy yours, I wish that I still had mine.