Community
Search
Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

TR625 antennae position

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 01:57 AM
time bandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TR625 antennae position

I have a carbon fiber wing rod that one of my antennae's will be close to. Will the carbon fiber rod affect the signal reception?
Old 07-10-2014, 06:15 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Carbon fiber is electrically conductive. Therefore, you want your receiver antennas as far away from any carbon as possible. If the receiver antennas are too close, the carbon rod can shadow the antenna in some flight orientations. With the two-antenna receiver, you want the two antennas as far apart from each other and at 90 degrees to each other. As with any receiver installation, the antennas should be as far from battery and servo wiring, any ignition wiring, battery packs, metal pushrods, carbon rods and tubes, and so forth. With carbon fuselages, the receiver antennas should go through the fuselage sides to be exposed outside.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:42 PM
time bandit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TR625 came free with the radio in a special sale from Tower Hobbies. I was going to get the TR624 since I don't have a lot of room inside the fuse. I have the receiver in a Mountain Models EVA Sport which is a park flyer type airplane. There's no way that I can see to keep the antennae's totally away from the battery, CF rod, esc, servos etc. unless I have them exit the fuse as you suggested. Thanks for your time.

David Stewart
Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Mostly, you do the best you can and then do a thorough range check to make sure it's woring well.