Community
Search
Notices
Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

TTX850 and TR624 drop connection

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 05:20 PM
GeoStork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TTX850 and TR624 drop connection

I have a Flyzone Beaver with TR624 receiver and my friend has a Hacker Stick with the same receiver. We both have the TTX850 transmitter. We have noticed when flying each plane that there are times when the receiver enters failsafe and the throttle drops for about a second or two. I used to have a TTX650 and do not recall having connectivity issues with TR624 receivers previously. For both myself and my friend, the loss of signal is repeatable and happens at a range of 25 yards or less.

Is it better to use a dual antennae receiver with the 850? IF so, would the TR625 suffice or would we need to use an 825 or 826?

Anyone else experience this "loss of signal" issue?

Thanks.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:17 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The dual antenna are a good investment, your problems is very probably because of antenna alignment between the receiver and Xmtr or blocking of the receiver antenna by some object(s) in the airborne model. Did you do a ground check where you do rotate the model through 360 degrees horizontally and vertically to check for any such problems? I may be just lucky but I've used some of the single antenna 6 channel receivers over very long distances (model so far away orientation is hard to determine) with never a glitch. When I use a single antenna, I try to have it vertical in the plane as I avoid flying directly overhead so never have the transmitter antenna and receiver antenna pointing at one another where you are most likely to loose signal.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:19 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What Rodney said. You'll need to check the installation of your receiver. If you lack confidence, then go with the 2-antenna version.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:27 AM
GeoStork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. The twin antenna 8 channel receivers are doing fine. Are there differences in the sensitivity of the dual antenna 6 channel and 8 channel receivers? I know the 8 channel ones can handle higher input voltage of a 1S LiPo directly. Asking as I'd like to save just a few bucks on my low end foamy planes. 8 channel Rx is overkill. If the 8 channel is a "better" receiver, I'll go with that from here on out.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:48 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The twin-antenna 6-channel and 8-channel receivers should be similar in operation, excepting the number of channels. You should have good performance and range with either of them.