Tactic & AnyLink Support Forum Ask any questions you may have about AnyLink and Tactic systems here and get answers direct from their team.

elevators not working on 6 planes after 2 year storage.

Reply

Old 01-20-2019, 06:12 PM
  #1  
blkbeltolson
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Default elevators not working on 6 planes after 2 year storage.

Ok reposting here. I posted in wrong forum first time.
Hello guys, I have a tactic ttx 650. I have 6 planes stored in memory. Last time I flew my planes was probably 2 years ago. Since then everything has been stored. I decided to start flying again, so I charged up my batteries and checked to make sure everything was working on my planes before I started flying. Here is the strange part, EVERY plane I test works perfectly except for the elevators. Throttle, Rudder, Ailerons,are fine, but the elevator servos seem stuck. No matter which plane I select, the elevators do not work now. I have no clue what is causing this. I never changed any settings before storing my planes. Any Idea what could be wrong? Any suggestions? I noticed that while the plane is powered and I try to move the elevators manually , they will not move, the servos are keeping it locked, as soon as I turn off the transmitter, they move fine. The odds of all 6 planes having elevator problems seems impossible, so it must be something with the transmitter right?
blkbeltolson is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 09:15 PM
  #2  
tedsander
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: White Bear lake, MN
Posts: 52
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Probably is. Easiest test is to move a currently working servo connection on one of your planes to the elevator channel on the receiver. If that surface now seems "stuck", it is your transmitter. It looks like Horizon Services is taking care of these, but call first to make sure they really have taken over doing work on all the Hobbico brands.
tedsander is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 06:09 AM
  #3  
Appowner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 733
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Assuming the Tx is the ONLY common piece in the game, then yes. Looks like some kind of Tx issue. But if you're also moving the Rx from plane to plane, then the problem could be there too.

I'd suggest setting up a system on the bench. i.e. Rx, servos and battery. No model. Then go through the set up on the Tx as if it were a new model. If the elevator works, then you may only have to go through each model and set it up again.

Also, are there software updates available for the Tx? Did you discover the problem BEFORE doing any updates? Try making the updates and see if that shakes things loose.

Another possibility is the connector(s) inside the TX for the elevator channel. Pop the case open and have a look. Start at the stick and follow the wires. Disconnect and reconnect any connectors you come across the idea being to correct for loose or corroded pins. Examine the pins and look for corrosion. If you find corrosion then the entire Tx becomes suspect and I'd have to think long and hard before using it on anything that flies.
Appowner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:53 PM
  #4  
blkbeltolson
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Default

It finally started working after moving it up and down 200 times, but I will check for the updates, and will also check the connectors. Thanks for your answers.
blkbeltolson is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service