Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Tamiya Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya #58519 Bruiser Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck

Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Tamiya #58519 Bruiser Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 10:33 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya #58519 Bruiser Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck

A few days ago, I went on TamiyaUSA's web site to look at some body sets, and right on the front page was a big picture of the Hog Heaven truck, with the words "I'm back!"

I quickly forgot what I was there for and clicked on the picture, and read up on all the details of this kit. I have always wanted one of these when they first came out, but I was a young and didn't make enough to get one. Well, now I have my chance again to own one.

According the the info from TamiyaUSA, they have made subtle changes to some of the parts (newer technology, etc.) and small design changes to the transmission. It mentions having planetary gears inside it. Is this something that the original one had?

So far, I looked around online to see if there are any hobby shops setting this kit up for a pre-order sale, and found only one, from rpp hobby. I wanted to see how much the retail price is going to be, and when I saw it, I realized that I won't be able to buy everything I need for it all at once. The closer it comes to its release date, the more online stores will sell it, so I'll be actively watching out for a good price for this.

Old 02-16-2012, 05:13 PM
The Mad Modder

Default RE: Tamiya #58519 Bruiser Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck

ORIGINAL: dragnse7en

A few days ago, I went on TamiyaUSA's web site to look at some body sets, and right on the front page was a big picture of the Hog Heaven truck, with the words ''I'm back!''

I quickly forgot what I was there for and clicked on the picture, and read up on all the details of this kit. I have always wanted one of these when they first came out, but I was a young and didn't make enough to get one. Well, now I have my chance again to own one.

According the the info from TamiyaUSA, they have made subtle changes to some of the parts (newer technology, etc.) and small design changes to the transmission. It mentions having planetary gears inside it. Is this something that the original one had?

So far, I looked around online to see if there are any hobby shops setting this kit up for a pre-order sale, and found only one, from rpp hobby. I wanted to see how much the retail price is going to be, and when I saw it, I realized that I won't be able to buy everything I need for it all at once. The closer it comes to its release date, the more online stores will sell it, so I'll be actively watching out for a good price for this.

The original bruiser did not have a planetary gear set in it. The original used a 750 size motor and the spur gear had a slipper built into it that(from what I've read) didn't stand up to abuse well. The new one uses a standard 540 motor with a planetary gear set built into the spur gear for more torque.

If you look at the gearbox of the new bruiser, there is an additional plastic section to accommodate the longer planetary spur gear.

Tower has it listed for $800, so I think it'll sell for about $730-750 at stores with reasonable prices.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:55 AM
dragnse7en
Banned

I must break into a hobby shop and thieve this!!!!!!!!

$750!!!!!!! Really!!!!!!?????!!!!!! Does the owner of Tamiya have a nasty crack cocaine habit!?! Is he hanging out with Charlie Sheen!!!???!!!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Phoenix XB Racer

It's actually cheaper than the original Bruiser when you adjust the price for inflation.
Old 06-15-2012, 06:26 AM
RC MONSTER Trucker

yup Tamiya is ajusting for Ebay infation price's + didn't the 80's model sell new for like around$500?
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM
stoneenforcer
My Feedback: (23)

I'd love to have this model on my shelf and to cruise the beach. Ive actually wanted to own one since I was a kid. But its seems Tamiya is trying to get collector vintage pricing. way to much money for this kit. 400-500 is more realistic. but until I see a better price tag for a simple reproduction, I'll pass for now.