Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Monster Trucks > Tamiya Monster Trucks
Reload this Page >

Super Blackfoot 3 4x4 motor reccommendation

Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

Super Blackfoot 3 4x4 motor reccommendation

Old 03-22-2014, 09:47 PM
shaughnny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Blackfoot 3 4x4 motor reccommendation

Hello friends,

I am new here, but not at all new to the RC hobby. Been in and out of the hobby since the early 90's. Anyway the reason I am writing this post is for some advice. I just bought a Super Blackfoot 3. I added full ball bearings throughout. Also went ahead and did the 4x4 conversion. So with that I also needed a dual motor esc and I got one from a clod buster kit. I also have upgraded to oil shocks front and rear. The conversion to 4x4 required a few other parts including another gearbox and all is covered in this article. http://www.rcracer.com/2012/04/tamiy...ruck-power-up/ I also just ordered a heavy duty servo with metal gears. So at this point the last upgrade I can do is to change out the stock motors. I have read all about the brushless motors but cannot afford them. Was wondering if you guys had some suggestions on what brushed motors would be best... I want it to be fast, fast the better and the more torque the better. I don't mind the maintenance that goes with brushed motors. Thanks in advance, Waiting on the front drive shafts as well.Here are a few pics gathered so far,

Old 03-27-2014, 09:26 AM
shaughnny

Got my charger in today as well as a new 6800 NiMH battery. The charger was $20 and the battery was $23. Got to love Ebay.

Still waiting on the front drive shafts,oil shocks, two Tamiya sport tuned motors , a LED kit (headlights and tails) and lastly the Duratrax high torque servo with metal gears. After this all arrives, I think I will be set for a little while. Thanks for stopping in.

Last edited by shaughnny; 03-27-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:12 PM
shaughnny

Got my oil shocks in today and got em mounted. Truck stands a lot taller and the suspension is soo much better than the friction dampeners they give you with the kit. I also got the LED kit for the headlights and tails. These little lights are real bright and give the truck that added wow.

Here is the Before photo...

Here is the LED set I got. Was about $5 on ebay and is really well constructed.

Here is the after photo...

The oil shocks are also a welcome addition to the build.

Still waiting on the 2 sport tuned motors and the front driveshafts.

Shaughnny
Old 04-03-2014, 05:39 PM
shaughnny

The new steel geared servo arrived today Excited to get it installed. Still waiting on my drive shafts and motors.
Old 04-04-2014, 05:53 AM
R/C10Guy

Awesome Truck!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 08:41 AM
shaughnny

Thanks very much RC10Guy, got the tail lights installed now too and they look pretty badass. The new steel geared servo makes a big difference as well, the wheels turn a lot faster and seem to have a better range. The truck makes tighter turns now.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:01 PM
shaughnny

The New Sport Tuned motors arrived and are installed. Front drive shafts are missing in the mail.

Here is the truck before...

and after...