Community
Search
Notices
Tamiya Monster Trucks Discuss classics all Tamiya Monster trucks from the Clodbuster to the TXT1 and everything in between!

new truck 1/8 scale

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2016, 10:58 AM
74madvette

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truck 1/8 scale

hey forum.

well I got this truck, it runs on two 3 cell. the problem is when I try to run it on the two batteries they truck is very fast, then it seems to go into some mode where it will about 1/3 the speed, so i tried just one battery, yes it works and decent, acually faster about 1/2 the speed than when using two batteries, I think the problem is in the speed controller, but I dont know what replacement I should be using.. any suggestions??
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-06 11.35.46.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	2.08 MB
ID:	2140000   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-06 11.35.57.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	2140001  
Old 01-14-2016, 05:33 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The esc is going into thermal shutdown because it's getting too hot. That esc is actually meant for a max of 16.8v or two 2s lipos. Some people have been known to get it to run on higher voltage but usually with reliability issues and/or some kind of glitching issues. You could try adding a fan over the esc to help keep it cool and it's recommended when running higher than 16.8v. You could also use a smaller pinion to try and draw less current for lower temps, or switch batteries to the esc's intended voltage.

Edit: when the esc goes into thermal shutdown the LED on the esc should show a code. The manual and codes for the esc can be found at Traxxas.com

Last edited by Maj_Overdrive; 01-14-2016 at 07:44 AM.