Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > Tank Classified Ads
Reload this Page >

Taigen Jagdpanther (metal hull version) upgraded + IBU2 Pro, TPA, FS-i6

Community
Search
Notices

Taigen Jagdpanther (metal hull version) upgraded + IBU2 Pro, TPA, FS-i6

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 12:30 PM
pedzola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Taigen Jagdpanther (metal hull version) upgraded + IBU2 Pro, TPA, FS-i6

Love this tank, but need some $$ for other things right now.

For sale is a Euro-spec Taigen Jagdpanther, purchased from RCTank.de. This is the IR version. Has the full metal hull, wheels, tracks, etc.

Original electronics replaced with an IBU2 Pro, TPA unit (2 speakers w/independent vol controls), and FlySky i6 Radio.

Other mods; Servo recoil, upgraded Banebots RS395 motors, rewired power w/heavy duty on/off switch under commander hatch, replaced bottom controls w/flat plate, removed smoker (no room w/the TPA and 2 speakers), and I think that's about it.

Tank runs great! Has been run outside of course, but cleaned after use, and probably only a couple hours of run time in total. No battling or mud. In excellent condition. The IBU2 control and sound are excellent and the upgraded motors are a must for the 3:1 gearboxes. The running gear on the JP is my favorite of any tank so far. Save yourself the headache of international shipping (took 6 weeks in transit for me) and other mods, and buy this one ready to go. Includes metal cables, bucket, and original accessories. No battery charger included. Will include an 8.4v venom battery for local sale.

Have over $800 into the tank, will sell for $450. Local pickup only for now (Southern NH - Nashua area). Will drive up to an hour to meet someone if you are close.

Thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtf2lmP-9dE
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0379.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	2.89 MB
ID:	2153152  

Last edited by pedzola; 03-21-2016 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:17 PM
Two-Socks

Looks like a great model! I'm new to the hobby and don't understand all of the implications of the 8.4 volt system vice 7.2 that I normally see. Battery and parts availability? Charger? Thanks.
Old 03-19-2016, 05:24 PM
pedzola

7.2v batteries will work fine in the model, but the motors are 12v motors so I chose an 8.4v battery to get more out of them. You could also use a 3s lipo which is 11-ish volts i believe. The IBU2 pro works with many battery types, with dip switches on the unit to select for the correct voltage.

Another great feature of the ibu2 is the ability to reduce the max speed for more realistic driving. If I understand correctly, the higher the voltage going to the motors, the faster they will turn. So a higher voltage battery, reduced via the IBU, gives you greater speed options and likely longer running time i think.

I am not a battery expert but this 7 cell 8.4v nimh pack I've been using seems a good match for the tank. Will include it in the package.

No charger included, but I use this one, purchased from amazon: Tenergy Universal Smart Charger for RC/ Airsoft Battery/ NiMH/NiCd Battery Packs (6V - 12V) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003MXMJX8..._2TF7wb3WVM9NB
Old 03-19-2016, 05:28 PM
pedzola

Also for parts availability - all heng long Jagdpanther and imex-sourced Taigen Jagdpanther parts should work for this tank, except of course for the metal hull.
Old 03-19-2016, 07:15 PM
Two-Socks

Originally Posted by pedzola
7.2v batteries will work fine in the model, but the motors are 12v motors so I chose an 8.4v battery to get more out of them. You could also use a 3s lipo which is 11-ish volts i believe. The IBU2 pro works with many battery types, with dip switches on the unit to select for the correct voltage.

Another great feature of the ibu2 is the ability to reduce the max speed for more realistic driving. If I understand correctly, the higher the voltage going to the motors, the faster they will turn. So a higher voltage battery, reduced via the IBU, gives you greater speed options and likely longer running time i think.

I am not a battery expert but this 7 cell 8.4v nimh pack I've been using seems a good match for the tank. Will include it in the package.

No charger included, but I use this one, purchased from amazon: Tenergy Universal Smart Charger for RC/ Airsoft Battery/ NiMH/NiCd Battery Packs (6V - 12V) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003MXMJX8..._2TF7wb3WVM9NB
Great response. Thank you.
Old 03-21-2016, 10:33 AM
pedzola

Price drop to $450. Anyone in New England? Thx.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:38 PM
pedzola

Bump
Old 05-03-2016, 07:02 AM
machine73

Will you ship in the states?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:52 AM
pedzola

No rush to sell. Much prefer local sale. Almost impossible to keep tanks from breaking in transit in my experience.

Anybody local in Southern NH or Boston area? Also have a Taigen Sherman I would sell. Also has ibu2 pro. No transmitter. Will include original electronics and transmitter and spare parts. $800 for both tanks. About half what I have into them.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:19 AM
machine73

Ok then. If you can't find local buyer let me know. willing to pay shipping
Old 05-19-2016, 07:30 AM
pedzola

Adding to the sale. Local buyers only, Nashua NH. Would drive up to an hour to meet buyer.

3 tanks for sale now. I am moving and need to downsize.

1) Jagdpanther described above.
2) Taigen Sherman IR with ibu2 pro, upgraded gearbox, relocated controls, extra upper hull, and turnigy receiver.
3) Torro KV2 with custom fit ETO Armour gearbox, turnigy 9x (sherman and kv2 use same controller), custom arduino and servo-based electronics. Have a lot of threads and videos on this one just look in my post history and youtube channel.
4) in addition to the 3 tanks have all sorts of extra gearboxes, accessories, parts, etc.

I have over $3k into this stuff by rough estimate. All in excellent condition w/little use. Will sell the entire package for $1000.

2 IR tanks and one experimental tank that drives better than anything else out there, fully customizable electronics.

Local sale only. No shipping. Will still sell just 1 or 2 tanks, feel free to make an offer.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:36 AM
pedzola

I can't edit the thread - would like to change the title to reflect additional tanks, anyone know how? Hate to start a new thread and clutter up the classifieds, but this thread hasn't gotten much traction.