Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > Tank Classified Ads
Reload this Page >

Sherman Firefly VC Kits Coming Soon!

Community
Search
Notices

Sherman Firefly VC Kits Coming Soon!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 06:08 PM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Sherman Firefly VC Kits Coming Soon!

Well since the cat is out of the bag in a few places...

Ever since I got into the 1/16 R/C hobby in 2011 I have waited for someone to produce a nice, reasonably priced, 1/16 Sherman Firefly VC kit to battle all those pesky Tigers on our battlefields.... And I waited... and I waited... and I got tired of waiting...

DGS Military Hobby and Vandramodels are pleased to announce that we will be releasing a 1/16 Sherman Firefly VC resin kit within the next few months. DGS Military Hobby will be the exclusive distributor for the U.K. North America and pretty much everywhere else outside of Europe and Russia. I will have a shipper in the U.K so those customers don't have to pay stupid freight rates from North America.

The kit will consist of:

A complete new small hatch upper M4A4 style to fit a HengLong M4A3 105 kit. Of course with a little work it can probably fit a Tamiya or Taigen as well...

Complete new Firefly turret featuring a split hatch commanders cupola that can be made functional where the IR apple can be mounted. The re-designed square loaders hatch which can also be made functional to locate a power switch if desired. You also get a 17pdr aluminum/resin barrel mounted in the proper 6 bolt gun mantlet. This turret is also set up to utilize the HengLong elevation mechanism and will also set up for our own servo recoil system for an additional cost.

We are also considering assorted deck accessories like crew bags, tarps, extra mounted track for the front glacis, crates, boxes, camo nets, and even real sand bags for that authentic Sherman look!

Assorted waterslide decals for British, Canadian, Polish Firefly VC

The first run DGS Military Hobby will have 50 kits and we will be offering pre-sales in the next month or so. We estimate the complete kit will retail between $140.00 and $175.00 USD depending on options, plus shipping.

If you are interested in getting in line, you can PM me and let me know you are interested and when pre-sale begins you will be contacted to see if you would like to commit. Those who do express an interest will also be sent via regular e-mail, pictures and updates as we move closer to casting time.

Please be patient with me. I work full time and am just starting to wind this up as a side line so if it takes a few days for me to get back to you my apologies but it may take that long!

You can have a look at some of my work and some other items I dabble with at:
http://dgsselkirk.wix.com/dgsmilitaryhobby

Any questions at all let me know and thanks for your interest...

Regards
Dean
Old 03-21-2016, 08:11 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Thumbs up

You guys should post this in the main RC section... if you want my opinion. (and I know you didn't ask) Taigen, ETO Armor and others post their up and coming release's... so should you.

This area is mainly for individual members selling off their own junk.

Also, any pictures would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jeff
Old 03-22-2016, 07:32 AM
dgsselkirk

Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Jeff,

Yes probably a good idea...
Old 03-22-2016, 07:42 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Definitely more traffic!

Jeff