Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks > Tank Classified Ads
Reload this Page >

RC Armory 1/8 King Tiger with LOTS of extras

Community
Search
Notices

RC Armory 1/8 King Tiger with LOTS of extras

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 07:29 AM
Old MSgt

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Default RC Armory 1/8 King Tiger with LOTS of extras

*** This KT has been sold. Thanks!***

This is a 1/8 scale King Tiger manufactured by RC Armory. I purchased it a few years ago and am only selling it because I need the room in the garage.

The basic (static) tank kit was $1875 and I added the two motor drive system ($475), turret traverse ($135), elevation ($70), and solid aluminum road wheels with ball bearings from ETO ($450).

It's a 12v system (uses one scooter battery) using two Sabertooth ESCs. All you would need is a 12v battery and your four channel receiver. I've also installed a cooling fan over the ESCs. The motors run great, turret traverses, elevation elevates, and spring suspension work perfectly.

With the solid aluminum road wheels and aluminum tracks, this KT weighs close to 100 pounds. The wood crate isn't very heavy.

I made the tool/cable mounts and most of them use actual wingnuts (from 6SI). The tow shackles are 6SI. Practically all the tools are handmade.

The hull (without barrel) is 35", about 15" wide (outside track to outside track), and height to top of turret 16".

Included are an extra set of used hubs, spare track links, a lot of the original plastic road wheels, new set of steel sprockets, detail parts, and the side fenders (which I don't have bolted on.)

I have the original wood shipping crate it came in but for shipping, to lighten the weight, I'll send the tracks in a UPS flat rate box.

Local pickup is preferred but you can arrange shipping and are responsible for actual shipping costs. The crate came from Kansas to eastern Kentucky by UPS (flat RCA shipping then was $105) so if UPS will accept the crate I'll take it to their center here. I live in Catlettsburg, KY 41129 (right in the corners of KY, OH, & WV).

Just for my fellow tankers here on RCU, I'm asking $1900. If it doesn't sell I'll later post it on ebay. You can see the KT kit on the RC Armory web site. I heard (but don't know) that the KT isn't made anymore because RCA can't get more aluminum track links cast.

It needs a good home and be ran! Thanks! Mike (Old MSgt)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-001S.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	2202611   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-002S.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	2202612   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-003S.JPG
Views:	70
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	2202613   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG
Views:	75
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	2202614   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-005S.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2202615  

Last edited by Old MSgt; 03-08-2017 at 08:22 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:13 AM
Markocaster

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Man , that's a beautiful beast!