Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Just ordered my first MGT truck !

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 04:34 PM
PeeBeMe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just ordered my first MGT truck !

Yes Yes Yes ! I just ordered my MGT 8.0 today off of towerhobbies.com.. I can't wait until it gets here ! I have a savage 4.6 that I turned to a XL and that thing is Big. How Big is this MGT 8.0
truck / is it bigger then the savage or is it the same size ? It looks to be bigger on some sites. My savage has a Lrp.30 motor in it, can this 8.0 keep up or can it beat it ?
1 more thing guys, what up grades should I do or do none at all ? My truck is coming with only whats in the box other then glow plugs what should I have on stand by?????
SORRY 4 ALL THE QUESTIONS GUYS, JUST HAPPY THATS ALL. I got tired of looking at this truck on youtube.com and just said "the hell with it" All I have to do now is get it by my wife !!
Old 09-26-2010, 02:00 PM
geepfreek

Default RE: Just ordered my first MGT truck !

You should have already gotten it by now, but you'll prolly want to get rid of the 8.0 and get an lrp 30 for the MGT. Good engine lots of torque but doesn't hit the rpm range of others. Rpm a-arms are a nice upgrade the stocks hold up pretty well though.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:19 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

You don't need to do any uprgrades if you're just doing general bashing. However... if you're REALLY going to beat on it you want these items: RPM A-Arms, Aluminium shock caps, titanium tie rods, 4 red springs(one for each corner), heavier weight shock oil, and a NOVA head. All of these aren't necessarily mandatory, but this will make everything but the shock towers and rear bumper brace bulletproof. It's a tough and very fun truck, enjoy it.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:54 PM
driller2948

The truck is extreamly versitile. Yes lots of upgrades and bling out there. Just run the crap out of it untill you need something. I would however go easy on it untill you shim the diffs. Some never shim and don't seam to have any problems and others don't and blow the diffs right off. heres the info!

C:\Users\Robert Flair\Documents\Roberts Misc Files\RC\MGT\Diffs\Monster GT Forums - MGT Transmission - Diff shimming.mht

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXTZJ9&P=K

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...4&I=LXGPC9&P=K
Old 10-17-2010, 08:56 PM
driller2948

Sorry posted a bad link for the shiming info

http://www.monstergt.com/articles/tr..._diff_shim.php