Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Got a new project truck!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Got a new project truck!

i'll bet.
that doesn't happen very often on the first runs
Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I got the Losi HT pipe mounted today. Looks pretty good. I just removed the side tray, and drilled a small hole so i could mount the pipe. I put it at an angle so that it would leave much more room for the body and I seem to have it so that I wont have to trim the body. It just barely pushes it out at the very back. Havent gotten to run it any yet, but we'll see how it runs soon. Hopefully its a little stronger now[8D]

Eric
Old 03-23-2011, 01:56 PM
Brainanator
My Feedback: (1)

looks nice, great video too!
Old 03-23-2011, 03:40 PM
cummins driver

Thanks! I got to run it a little today and the pipe sounds good on it, and it seems real snappy. Im running my pulling gearing and struts in the back though so all i did was drive it around the yard just a little. I should be able to tell a little more about it when i hook it to the sled, or stick my basher gearing back on it[8D]
Old 03-23-2011, 03:47 PM
dodgedude780

Looks really good man! Have you figured out where your going to add the extra weight for the class's increase?
Looks like your front bumper would make for a solid mount setup.
Old 03-23-2011, 05:18 PM
cummins driver

Look at post 28, and you can see my weight rack. Just gonna add 2 more of the 1/4 lb weights, put my receiver battery right behind the front bumper, and then add stick some lead fishing weights in my receiver box to get real close to the 15lb mark.

I also think im going to build an adjustable hitch now. They changed the hitch height rule, and id like for my hitch to be a little more adjustable, so I think i may build one that is easily and quickly adjustable. [8D]

Eric
Old 03-24-2011, 08:26 PM
ausrcnut

Good to see. Nice runs. I love it when people mod their trucks to suit instead of just whinging about a better truck out....!!!  Looks like you had the floor there as well...!!
Old 03-27-2011, 05:57 PM
cummins driver

Thanks man, it really is a lot of fun to me.

Got the stickers made. haha

Dont think it looks too bad. Just waiting for the next pull on the 9th!

Eric
Old 03-27-2011, 06:54 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice stickers man!
Old 04-04-2011, 07:38 AM
cummins driver

Thanks! Our next pull is this saturday and she is ready to roll. Hoping i can kick some butt again! haha
Old 04-10-2011, 09:45 AM
cummins driver

Ok. Well we had our 1st actual points pull yesterday. I had to lower my hitch height from the last pull because of a rule change, and I tried my savage tires first, Imex tires I ran last time in the normal direction 2nd, and then I tried them reverse direction the 3rd time. The imex tires did the best in the normal direction. I didnt do as well this time. Didnt go quite as far and was a little dissapointed, so ill be making some more changes to try for next time. I would up with 3rd out of 6 trucks. The good news is that my father in law's LST that i built for him is running the same engine now as my MGT (the AE 4.6), and he won! He beat me by several feet, and the guy that got 2nd was running a novarossi .28. He finally got it figured out on his last hook and made it to the pull off. Im kind of thinking my tires arent hooking as well as my father in law's were or something because i had some wheel speed. However, I plan to gear down some. We will be on a different track next time, so not sure if ill swap tires or not. Id like to get a couple more sets to try. Obviously the engine has the potential to do really well since my father in law won with the same engine im running and beat me by several feet, so its obviously a traction or gearing thing. Here is the video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7HCu2tLFw

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=to7HCu2tLFw
[/youtube]

Anyways, i plan to try to improve some next time B)
Old 06-04-2011, 08:30 PM
cummins driver

Had our 3rd points pull tonight, and I came home with the win! Pretty happy about that. Truck is running great. I may have been just a little on the rich side, but it did very well regardless. My father in law broke something in the rear end of his LST at the end of his 2nd pull. Gonna have to tear into that soon. My wife pulled the red LST2 for her first time pulling an R/C. I think she got 5th maybe. She did pretty well for being her first time. She just isnt real comfortable driving it yet, and i need to build a weight rack for it and lock it into 1st gear.

Here is the video. We had 3 rounds and no pull off since i was the only one that made it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbewRz5BtBU