Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

what you running

Old 07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
colossus281

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what you running

2 questions first what kind of nitro are you running and percentages what size engine you have. And seconds i have a mgt 8.0 I was thinking about trying Associated ZR.30 X Competition engine do you think it would be better than the 8.0 and what are the pros and cons thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Goatcrapp

Default RE: what you running

running an 8.0 and odonnell's 25%

the zr.30 is a different beast..  good and bad in its own ways.

Personally - i would spend the money on getting the 8.0 ported (including guide ports)  and polished instead.  This big motor responds GREAT to these, and when you seal it will correct the stock tunability problems.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:02 PM
colossus281

Do you have any recommendations on who can modify my motor. The only one I know of is rb mods but not too sure if they do the 8.0
Old 07-27-2011, 08:05 PM
Voxmagna

ORIGINAL: Goatcrapp

would spend the money on getting the 8.0 ported (including guide ports) and polished instead. This big motor responds GREAT to these, and when you seal it will correct the stock tunability problems.
Agrees with Goat, the 8.0block needs to attain RPM Period.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:30 AM
Goatcrapp

http://www.powerhousercperformance.com

Mark responds quickly, and is honest with his opinions about your engine  and needs (ie: won't try to over-sell you)

I've seen his work on a buddy's 8.0, and i always considered mine to be well tuned...   my friend's just out-pulled me at every rev range, and picked up some higher top end as well.

I'll be sending him a motor as soon as "fun" funds allow.

There are plenty of other places to send your motor - some cheaper, some more expensive...   i'm going with mark b/c i've seen his work in action.  If you have anyone local from the forums who's had it done by someone else - see if you can hang out and get to see it.  If you're handy with a dremel - you can do it yourself.

I'm not - and wouldn't risk a new motor trying to learn..  but i might pick up an old motor and try it.