Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Mini MGT list of upgrade thread

Old 10-14-2011, 06:43 PM
MMGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini MGT list of upgrade thread

Ok, most MMGT owners have probably realised theres not that much upgrades availible for it so I thought we might aswell have a thread going with tips for the truck and links to things that will work as upgrades.
So heres what I know-
Theres Integy- I know its not the best brand but I'd buy things like shock towers and hubs from them, and the MMGT stuff is CHEAP becausae nobody buys from them check this out- www.integy.com/st_main.html now your having second thoughts arent you haha
Theres New Era racing- www.neweramodels.com/cgi-bin/inccatalog.cgi
Here are the FT parts www.losipartshouse.com/servlet/the-Associated-Parts-House-cln-ASC-Parts-By-Car-cln-ASC-MINI-MGT-3.0-cln-Hop-Ups-%26-Accessories/Categories
Theres the T-bone bumper t-bone-racing.net/Brand-A-M/Associated/Mini-MGT/Associated-Mini-MGT-Nylon-Monster-Front-BM-2JA01-p419.html

Parts that fit
Also I HEARD stock savage camber rods are a thicker upgrade compared to the MMGT's and should fit
Shocks that are around 100-115 mm should fit, the big MGT's shocks fit so 4 FT MGT shocks would be a nice combo
If you want to use 17mm hex wheels these are the hex you should get (I have some and they work but they dont feel quite solid, they have a bit of a wobble) www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p with www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p
THIS PIPE MIGHT fit www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p and it would be a great preformance boost.

RPM-
The RPM hubs for the older tmaxx and big MGTs fit.
I've heard the Tmaxx LOWER arm will fit the MMGT but I'm not sure if its the older tmaxx arm which is shorter or the newer longer arm (again I will try and check later on)

Electrics-
If you want to buy better electrics, I'd recommend
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp for steering (I have one and its great)
www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewitem.asp for the radio.
And I dont think you really need better throttle or reverse servos but if you want to change just look through Hobbykings servos, they'll have tons of fast servos.

I'm not sure about bodies that will fit so if anyone knows anything please comment.
And if anyone has any other parts that they want to add please feel free to, this thread isnt about what upgrades I know its about all the upgrades availible.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:53 PM
Goatcrapp

Default RE: Mini MGT list of upgrade thread

This is great man. good start on resources - hopefully ppl will add to it.

The main problem is the mmgt gets zero respect on this forum. Some of these clowns are so busy comparing engine sizes that they don't realize the mmgt is an amazing truck by itself, and so completely different in handling,. weight, and drivability characteristicsfrom it's bigger brothers, that their arguments aren't valid. Typical that most of the detractors don't even own one to base their opinions on... but hey - every forum has one (or three) windbag to ruin it for the rest.

For bodies - the rock-crawler version of the halo warthog body looks pretty good on the truck - albeit a bit small (but not as silly as sitting it on a full size MGT) I wish i could still find the XL version of it - its a proline helios body - now discontinued, but you can find NOS (new old stock)still on a few online shops. The XL version, for a savage is absolutely nowhere to be found, and i'd pay damn good money for one so keep your eyes out lol.

this link is for reference only - it's out of stock, obviously.
http://www.infernosonly.com/Pro_Line.../pro327600.htm

re: integy stuff - its kinda hit or miss with them.for me its always been the fit.. its poor lol... the durability wasn't ever an issue once i got it to fit (whatever pieces i've used) - with that said, i've never used them on the 8.0, but have used them on other vehicles. for the prices you're showing us in that link - i'd buy stuff for the 3.0 in a heart beat.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:03 PM
MMGT

Yea I know what you mean, nobody even cares about it but if they knew how good it was they'd probably buy one in 2 secs haha.
And yea for $4 for 1 shock tower I'd sooo buy one but I've already spent too much this month.
Oh and I forgot to add this, if anyone wants to build a MMGT racer use this for ideas-
http://www.rccaraction-digital.com/r...9?pg=150#pg150
Old 10-14-2011, 07:06 PM
MMGT

Oh and hump packs like these work www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p
Old 11-01-2011, 10:28 PM
MMGT

The RPM hubs for the old tmaxx do work on the mini
And also for a replacement for your pull start get this-