Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

MGT 8.0 Break-In & Performance Issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 08:44 PM
F1r3St0rm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MGT 8.0 Break-In & Performance Issues

Hi,

I have just purchased an MGT 8.0. I was told this is a solid truck and they are powerful and built strong. I have had nothing but problems it seems with this since buying it. I have replaced the Glow Plug, Batteries only stay charges for 2 tanks or less (Reedy 1700 nihm rechargables).

I have run through 2 tanks and the truck had the hardest time starting after only 24 ours of non use. I have now run through 5 tanks of fuel and the truck barely moves of the line. It will not shift into 2nd gear at all, but was shifting into 2nd gear earlier in the morning. Temperature is anywhere from 230-280. The just maxes out on revs, and when pulling the throttle off the line it revs up very quick but barely moves.

I'm farely new to this and was wondering if anyone could give me any input here. I have not made any adjustments to needles, LSN/HSN or the carb. Truck seems to start a littel better but the truck wont even come close to lifting the front end. There is howerver a fair bit of blue/white smoke (exhaust) when running the truck.

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you for looking at this. I apologize if this has been postedm but I could not find anything that matched my situation.

Regards,
Jonathan
Old 01-31-2012, 09:07 PM
Voxmagna

Default RE: MGT 8.0 Break-In & Performance Issues

[size=1]ORIGINAL: F1r3St0rm
I have just purchased an MGT 8.0. I was told this is a solid truck and they are powerful and built strong. I have had nothing but problems it seems with this since buying it. I have replaced the Glow Plug, Batteries only stay charges for 2 tanks or less (Reedy 1700 nihm rechargables).
Regards,
Jonathan
1 are you using a 6V rechargable battery or AAs
2 the trucks probably to lean= less fuel going in
3 check you idle* you should see it moving when you remove the filter

[link=http://www.monstergt.com/]visit this site for more info MGTs[/link] or [link=http://www.youtube.com/user/Squirrelod#p/p]Squirrel[/link] for tips
Old 01-31-2012, 09:22 PM
F1r3St0rm

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

The guy at LHS told me to grab the aAA's cause it was the same as the battery pack you can recharge. I had a Traxxas Previously and it had a huge battery pack. I don't know why this one is so small and there is more truck. lol

I have a gap about the size of a credit card in the carb, car doesn't stall while sitting still, doesn't move until I hit about 1/4 throttle, it's almost as if i'm pulling a flipping trailer with waits on it. Reall sluggish and still wont shift into 2nd gear at all. just revs out crazy in first.

Getting very discurraged...
Old 01-31-2012, 09:42 PM
Voxmagna

you stand a better chance with those Energizer lithium's lmao

i totally understand your problem

1 Tarxxas got an on-board starter=bigger batt needed. you can purchase a [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXTYW3&P=0]Receiver Hump Battery [/link] from tower, picup 2, unless you have experience with lipo
2 i am going to sleep later