Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

Brand new LST XXL2 No steering response?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 05:42 AM
jkgtr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new LST XXL2 No steering response?

Need some help
my brand new xxl 2 isn't even a day old yet only ran one tank through break in.
after the first tank I turned it off and took a little break came back out and got ready to do the second tank, turned it on and now there's absolutely NO steering response. The throttle controls work fine..the receiver battery is fully charged..
Tried reprogramming the transmitter and receiver, checked all connections, no luck..
I've done everything as per the manual so far. What could be causing this to happen?
Old 07-30-2014, 05:45 AM
jkgtr

Oops meant to post this in losi section must have misclicked, sorry I'm using my wife's phone..
Mods can you move thread?
Old 07-30-2014, 06:44 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

Swap around the connections on the receiver, but don't start the truck. If steering works with throttle, it is the receiver. If not, it is the servo.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:49 AM
jkgtr

Originally Posted by collector1231
Swap around the connections on the receiver, but don't start the truck. If steering works with throttle, it is the receiver. If not, it is the servo.
Good tip I will give it a try when I get home later and update.
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 PM
jkgtr

Turns out the receiver is bad.
Is anyone familiar with warranty procedures with Losi? I might just save myself the headache and take it back to the shop where I got it.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:46 PM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

I can't seem to access the Spektrum web page, but Google "Spektrum repair form" and something should come up. Or, you can buy an Orange RX off Hobbyking. Mine work great; http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dProduct=35061
Old 07-31-2014, 09:15 AM
jkgtr

Ok I set up the new receiver and now it won't connect with the transmitter...
Old 08-01-2014, 11:01 AM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The reciever must be "bound" to the transmitter. I'm not sure of the procedures for the newer Spektrum stuff but you used to have to use a "bind plug" and set the transmitter to bind mode. The instructions included with your truck should explain it all.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:02 PM
jkgtr

Yeah I followed the manual which was very vague, talked to support and they helped a little bit, but I finally got it running.
Ran another tank of gas and lightly bumped into a curb and the damn hub carrier snapped...
So I fixed that and its been doing good ever since.
I plan on getting aluminum upgrades because these plastic pieces it comes with seem weak and brittle.. I mean I really lightly bumped into that curb and it snapped right in half. I'd be scared to do anything serious with it like I do with the revo. That thing can take a beating.
Thanks for the tips everyone.

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
The reciever must be "bound" to the transmitter. I'm not sure of the procedures for the newer Spektrum stuff but you used to have to use a "bind plug" and set the transmitter to bind mode. The instructions included with your truck should explain it all.
Old 08-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Maj_Overdrive
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope Losi didn't change the formula of the plastic it uses. I've broken a Front knuckle on my XXL but it was a pretty hard hit, nothing that made it surprising that it broke. Honestly, when stock I'd say my LST XXL is just as strong if not stronger than the Revo I had. The LST drivetrain is definitely stronger. Hope you like your XXL2 and let us know how much!

BTW, New Era makes the best knuckles and hubs for the LST, but they are hard to find in stock. Losi has good aluminum C-Hubs but doesn't make aluminum knuckles.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:16 AM
jkgtr

I've been searching forever to find aluminum upgrade parts and it looks like everyone stopped making them.
The only thing I can find are control arms and c hubs.
I hope someone starts putting out some new parts for thexxls again.

Originally Posted by Maj_Overdrive
BTW, New Era makes the best knuckles and hubs for the LST, but they are hard to find in stock. Losi has good aluminum C-Hubs but doesn't make aluminum knuckles.