Community
Search
Notices
Team Associated - Monster GT Discuss all things AE MGT right here!

New lrp motor with problem.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 12:14 AM
Wagdaddy01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New lrp motor with problem.

Well in stalled my new motor and crazy amount of power. Then went to get on it and now the spur gear just wines real high truck wont move when i give it gas. Im thinking some thing went out in the tranny because the clutch still grabs but then it just wines real high and wont move. Could someone help me out with this thanks.
Old 03-31-2016, 06:15 PM
mrbeetle

Originally Posted by Wagdaddy01
Well in stalled my new motor and crazy amount of power. Then went to get on it and now the spur gear just wines real high truck wont move when i give it gas. Im thinking some thing went out in the tranny because the clutch still grabs but then it just wines real high and wont move. Could someone help me out with this thanks.
If your lucky, the pegs in the slipper clutch are worn. you might want to take a magic marker and draw a line from the center of the slipper clutch to plastic part of the spur gear. If you give it gas and the line is broken or doesn't line up your in luck, the slipper pegs are worn. If your out of luck, you have something broken inside the tranny. One question, is this a MGT 4.6 or 4.6 SE with the metal gears?
Old 04-01-2016, 01:16 AM
Wagdaddy01

No its the regular mgt. I dug into the tranny and found out that it wasnt my one way bearing or those pins but the dang 2 speed drive pinion gear. It was completely shredded and it was plastic so i could see another transmission on the way and a new gear for safe measures.
Old 04-01-2016, 08:35 PM
mrbeetle

Originally Posted by Wagdaddy01
No its the regular mgt. I dug into the tranny and found out that it wasnt my one way bearing or those pins but the dang 2 speed drive pinion gear. It was completely shredded and it was plastic so i could see another transmission on the way and a new gear for safe measures.
I would look for either a 4.6 SE tranny, they are suppose to be steel gears inside or and 8.0. I think I am just sticking with my stock motor for now myself. I was thinking of an HPI F4.6 but i just read engine mount problems - wont fit.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:48 AM
Wagdaddy01

Well if your looking for a motor anytime the lrp .28 are a good motor holds a tune well and nice top end
Old 04-02-2016, 07:26 AM
cbaker65

I don't think any 4.6 tranny has metal 2 spd gears.However , the only gears that I think they changed to metal
were the ones that come off the spur shaft inside he tranny.

I could be wrong ,I would have to go look in my box of tranny's.

It could be possible that your trans already was damaged before you installed the new engine.
I noticed in some of my transmissions that the 2 gears could rub on each other an destroy itself.
It been a few years since I had mine apart.
Old 04-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Wagdaddy01

Im not to sure about the trans myself as i am new to this hobby. But its hard to defer qhat parts are actually the numbers for that item via the exploded veiw since it dodnt come ready to run. But i have 2 trans on the way and 3 kits of the 2 speed pinion gears. I just wasnt aware of the tires off the ground with full throttle equals damage haha. Oh well its all in fun. But gets expensive man
Old 04-02-2016, 08:36 AM
Wagdaddy01

And thanks for quick responses from you guys really appreciated
Old 04-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Wagdaddy01

And might does anyone have sum vids of disassembly of the trans thanks